- REVIEW: Star Wars Battlefront
- Fallout 4 PC Patch Detailed
- Mornin '15
- Just Cause 3 PC Specs Leaked
- Star Wars: Battlefront's PS4 Player Base Bigger Than PC and Xbox One Put Together
- Destiny Getting Back More Year One Exotics
- Star Wars: Battlefront Tops UK Chart
- Steam: Fallout 4 Top-Seller, Dota 2 Most Played
Bottlenecks are the bane of gaming hardware. Having a powerful setup doesn't mean much when one of its links is weak.
Technical Director Van Der Leeuw has told Edge that Guerrilla Games hasn't been able to find any weaknesses in the PS4's hardware, and has been extremely pleased with the results. He stated:
We've got the right amount of memory, video card; everything's balanced out. It was a very conscious effort to make sure that – with the speed of the memory, the amount of compute units, the speed of the hard drive – there would not be any bottlenecks.
Having a balanced system will raise the performance ceiling of the console directly translating into more longevity. With the last generation memory, video memory included, was prohibitive toward the second half of the generation. Issues with higher resolution textures and multitasking regularly became a problem as developers inched their way toward the limits.
How the PS4 fares won't be concrete until developers become more acclimated to its potential, but at the moment the reception couldn't be more positive.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP