- Xbox Live Reduced Content for June 2013
- Xbox Live Marketplace Update: June 18th, 2013
- PSPlus Not Required for Auto-Updates with PS4
- Jimmy Fallon Plays With Xbox One
- Sega Says Phantasy Star Online 2 for the West is 'Delayed'
- Torchlight Free on GOG.com for Next 48 Hours
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown iOS Available This Week
- Best Games of E3 2013 - People's Choice
- Mornin '13
- Xbox One Will Still Allow Access to Games to Banned Users
- Oculus Rift Welcomes VR Sex Game to Launch Library
- Watch Dogs, Far Cry & Rabbids Movies in the Making
- Battlefield 4 Alpha Testing, Possibly System Requirements
- Nintendo has No Plans to Cut Price of Wii U
- Sony Explains Why PS+ is Needed for Multiplayer
- The Last of Us Top Dog in UK
The folks at ArenaNet continue to be suspiciously intelligent in their handling of their highly anticipated MMORPG, and here's what Mike O'Brien, Guild Wars 2's executive producer, had to say on the subject of microtransactions:
"...it's never OK for players to buy a game and not be able to enjoy what they paid for without additional purchases, and it's never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time."
So, a rich and irresponsible guy won't have an advantage over a poor guy with no life. Great. In case you're short on Actiontrip Credits and can't afford to read the rest of the story, here's the free, condensed version: gold earned in-game is the currency for e-peen items, and gems bought with real money are the currency for vanity items. You want one of those fancy mini-jupes too? No problem. Gems can be bought with gold as well, so with enough dedication, you'll be able to get your hands on anything the rich bastards do. Happy?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP