- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
According to a report from Journal du Gamer (translation via OXM), which cited a "trusted source" close to developer Valve, Half-life 3 is, in fact, in development. Supposedly the game won't be out until after 2013.
Meanwhile, and this is the cool bit, the anonymous source commented that the game was inspired by the RPG Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The source also mentions that the current development process of Half-life 3 is "chaotic" and that the game went through several incarnations.
Valve will most likely deny these rumors, as they have so many times before, but so far this has been the only news we've had on the subject in a while (rumor or otherwise).
If the story is true, it would be interesting to see Half-life 3 with implemented Skyrim-style free-roam gameplay mechanics. If it's not true, I may kill several kittens.
Spotten on GamingBlend.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP