- September Xbox Games with Gold
- The Order: 1886 Dev Defends Destiny Against Low Review Scores
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Breaks 1 Million Sales
- Divinity: Original Sin Enriched With Free DLC
- Borderlands Getting Steamworks Multiplayer Support
- REVIEW: Destiny
- Mornin '14
- Far Cry 4 The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat Trailer
- Hearthstone Reaches 20 Million Players Milestone
- Valve Gets Saints Row Creative Director
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Diary Part 3
- Destiny & The Sims 4 Britishly Triumphant
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Rumored for November 21
- Living in a Wasteland ... 2
- Notch Leaves Mojang After Microsoft Sale
- It's Official: Minecraft Creator Joins Microsoft
According to a report from Journal du Gamer (translation via OXM), which cited a "trusted source" close to developer Valve, Half-life 3 is, in fact, in development. Supposedly the game won't be out until after 2013.
Meanwhile, and this is the cool bit, the anonymous source commented that the game was inspired by the RPG Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The source also mentions that the current development process of Half-life 3 is "chaotic" and that the game went through several incarnations.
Valve will most likely deny these rumors, as they have so many times before, but so far this has been the only news we've had on the subject in a while (rumor or otherwise).
If the story is true, it would be interesting to see Half-life 3 with implemented Skyrim-style free-roam gameplay mechanics. If it's not true, I may kill several kittens.
Spotten on GamingBlend.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP