- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
According to a report from Journal du Gamer (translation via OXM), which cited a "trusted source" close to developer Valve, Half-life 3 is, in fact, in development. Supposedly the game won't be out until after 2013.
Meanwhile, and this is the cool bit, the anonymous source commented that the game was inspired by the RPG Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The source also mentions that the current development process of Half-life 3 is "chaotic" and that the game went through several incarnations.
Valve will most likely deny these rumors, as they have so many times before, but so far this has been the only news we've had on the subject in a while (rumor or otherwise).
If the story is true, it would be interesting to see Half-life 3 with implemented Skyrim-style free-roam gameplay mechanics. If it's not true, I may kill several kittens.
Spotten on GamingBlend.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP