- Shenmue Creator 'Won't Be' Disappointed if Shenmue Doesn't Raise $10M
- Star Citizen Exec Producer Leaving?
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PS4 Drops Next Week
- Minecraft: Story Mode Releasing Later This Year
- Bloodborne Patch 1.05 Will Improve Matchmaking
- Predator Bundle for Mortal Kombat X Releases July 7th
- ARK: Survival Evolved Tops Steam Sales
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Gotham's Refund Knight
Since Halo 4's multiplayer and co-op features offer plenty of customization, it's really no surprise that 343 Industries is looking at introducing microtransactions for cosmetic items for the multiplayer. At least, that's what executive producer Dan Ayoub recently told Digital Spy.
"I think Halo certainly has the potential for those kinds of things," Ayoub said. "We don't have too much to talk about in terms of our plans down that line, but it's certainly something… we've seen the fans of Gears are enjoying, and if it's something we think our community is going to enjoy, it's something we'll seriously talk about."
Microtransactions for little features like these are becoming more and more commonplace with multiplayer portions of games, and I think we'll see this as more of a staple as time goes on. As long as they keep the microtransactions to the multiplayer and keep them cosmetic and OUT of single-player campaigns, I'll remain appeased.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP