- Xbox One Launch Delayed in China
- Ubisoft Details Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass
- PlayStation TV Will Launch in North America with 700 Games
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Shows Open-Ended Assassination Missions
- REVIEW: Anomaly 2
- Destiny Holds the Fort in UK
- Final Fantasy XV TGS 14 Gameplay Trailer
- Activision Files for Dismissal in Noriega Lawsuit
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition Spotted
- Mornin '14
- REVIEW: Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition - Marvel Super Heroes Review
- COMIC: Balloons: Snake's Answer to Everything
In February this year, we've learned that Microsoft will showcase a brand new Halo game during the upcoming E3 festivities. Okay, so it's Halo 5: Guardians, to be exact.
Today, it's been confirmed that Halo 5: Guardians is now officially slated for a Fall 2015 release, to coincide with the launch of the Halo television series, which is produced in collaboration with Steven Spielberg.
"Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what's now a brand new and more powerful engine," said Bonnie Ross, general manager over at 343.
He added: "Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we've invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One's hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen. It's a game that will hopefully demonstrate the talent, learnings and abilities of the 343 Industries team. A game that will incorporate the things we learned from Halo 4 about technology, aesthetics, performance and scale - and perhaps more importantly, understanding and embracing a community of gamers who love what lies at the heart of this game, and the limitless potential of the Halo universe."
Considering what 343 Industries have done with Halo 4, we really have no doubt that this will be a solid title. Still, it is a shame that they've kicked composer Martin O'Donnell out of the picture. It sure would've been nice to hear him come up with some new, epic tunes.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP