- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
Why on Earth would... ? Never mind. The latest rumor to surface today is that Microsoft's newly formed internal Halo studio, 343 Industries, might've been assigned to create a Halo: Combat Evolved remake.
The report originated from "industry chatter" in the latest issue of Games Master magazine. According to these unconfirmed reports, the new, updated version of the game would probably run on the Halo: Reach engine and might be released ahead of a full Halo 3 sequel some time in 2012.
MS might be looking to align this with Halo: Combat Evolved's 10th anniversary - November, 2011.
In addition, when asked about this, UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill rather liked the idea (I'll be he did), as he explained to GM: "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too," he said.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP