- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
Looks like the shooter Halo: Reach got leaked and is already available for illegal download via various file-sharing websites. Apparently Halo: Reach -- due out September 14 -- was made available for reviewers through Xbox Live Marketplace (the download weighs around 7GB). Hackers apparently circumvented Microsoft's security and snatched the game before you could say: "Master Chief's dirty knickers." Fans were asked to "go dark" after the leak.
"Posting to Discuss, Request, or Link To information or campaign spoilers from illegitimately obtained sources - including illegitimately obtained copies of Halo: Reach - before the game is officially released will be considered a leak and will be treated as such," moderators explained on Bungie's forum. "The moderation team is doing their best, but if you want to stay 100 per cent spoiler free, our best advice is to 'go dark' by staying off all internet gaming forums until you have played through the game!"
"We are aware of claims being made regarding a security exploit related to Halo: Reach and are aggressively investigating the matter," a spokesperson said to IGN. "We have no further details to share at this time."
Bummer. Those evil dastardly, bastardly software pirates are at it again. Although I never expected them to snatch the game this quickly... I'll bet MS was caught completely off their guard on this one.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP