- Star Wars Games Very Cheap on Steam
- Mornin '16
- REVIEW: The Walking Dead: Michonne
- Battleborn Launches
- Dishonored 2 Will Sneak Onto Shelves This November
- It's Raining Corpses in the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 3 Trailer
- Watch Dogs 2 Protagonist Possibly Leaked
- Chaos Warriors DLC Now Free Week One for Total War After Backlash
- REVIEW: Party Hard
- Call of Duty: Infinite War Screens Show More New Stuff
Halo: Reach is already being regarded as the "biggest entertainment launch of 2010 in just a few days on sale," as confirmed by publisher Microsoft. The game was released on Tuesday and its sales surpassed every game, movie and entertainment launch in 2010 (apparently, even the opening weekends of Iron Man 2 and Toy Story 3).
During the TGS Microsoft announced that Reach made over $200 million in its first 24 hours on sale. "Halo: Reach is the biggest game Microsoft has ever released, and its launch has already surpassed every game, movie and entertainment launch this year," said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. "Every major installment has grown in scope and popularity, firmly cementing the 'Halo' franchise as one of the most popular entertainment properties in the world over the past decade."
In related news, Bungie's shooter shifted over 300,000 copies in the UK on its first day of release.
Someone asked me a few days ago if MS will actually be dishing out more Halo games after Halo: Reach. Well, this bloody well answers their question.
Check out our review of Halo: Reach.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP