- Mornin '13
- Resigned EA CEO Says "Gamers Will Learn to Love" Always-Online
- Final Fantasy XIV Marches to August 27th Re-Release
- Nintendo Schedules Next Direct Presentation on First Day of E3
- New Saints Row Hail to the Chief Video Series
- Grand Theft Auto 5 CE & SE Detailed
- EA Supporting Current-Gen Consoles Until 2017
That's right, Halo: Reach sold 3.3 million copies in the United States alone during the game's launch month (September), as seen in NPD's latest figures. Bungie's latest shooter -- which is also the company's last tribute to the Halo franchise -- is only the 3rd game this console generation to surpass 3 million sales within the first month - the other two titles are Halo 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Here's the chart for September (Physical retail only; all platforms incl. PC):
1. Halo: Reach (Microsoft - Xbox 360) 3,300,000
2. Madden NFL 11 (EA - 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP)
3. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom - 360, PS3, PC)
4. NHL 11 (EA - 360, PS3)
5. FIFA Soccer 11 (EA - 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, NDS)
6. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Square Enix - PSP)
7. Mafia II (Take-Two - 360, PS3, PC)
8. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Activision - PS3, 360, NDS, Wii)
9. Metroid: Other M (Nintendo - Wii)
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision - 360, PS3, PC)
Oh and as for the hardware sales, here you can have a look how things were in September: "Xbox 360 enters the holiday season with four consecutive months as the #1 console in the U.S.," a Microsoft rep wrote in an email. "With 484,000 units sold during the month, up 37% from last September, a stark comparison to the other console platforms."
Yeah, in August 356,700 360s were sold. As for other platforms, NPD said both PS3 and Wii sales were down when compared to last September when the systems sold 491,800 and 462,800 units respectively.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP