- Mornin '14
- The Elder Scrolls Online Dragonstar Arena Trailer
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ratbag Trailer
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Announcement Trailer
- Total War: Rome 2 EE Screens
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Confirmed for 2015
- Total War: Rome II - Emperor Edition Announced
- Nintendo Announces the 'New' 3DS
- Bayonetta 2 Release Date Announced for October
- Valve Sued by Aussie Consumer Rights Commission
- Saints Row Reveal Soon?
- Deep Down Very Much in Development, Coop Shown
That's right, Halo: Reach sold 3.3 million copies in the United States alone during the game's launch month (September), as seen in NPD's latest figures. Bungie's latest shooter -- which is also the company's last tribute to the Halo franchise -- is only the 3rd game this console generation to surpass 3 million sales within the first month - the other two titles are Halo 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Here's the chart for September (Physical retail only; all platforms incl. PC):
1. Halo: Reach (Microsoft - Xbox 360) 3,300,000
2. Madden NFL 11 (EA - 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP)
3. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom - 360, PS3, PC)
4. NHL 11 (EA - 360, PS3)
5. FIFA Soccer 11 (EA - 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, NDS)
6. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Square Enix - PSP)
7. Mafia II (Take-Two - 360, PS3, PC)
8. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Activision - PS3, 360, NDS, Wii)
9. Metroid: Other M (Nintendo - Wii)
10. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision - 360, PS3, PC)
Oh and as for the hardware sales, here you can have a look how things were in September: "Xbox 360 enters the holiday season with four consecutive months as the #1 console in the U.S.," a Microsoft rep wrote in an email. "With 484,000 units sold during the month, up 37% from last September, a stark comparison to the other console platforms."
Yeah, in August 356,700 360s were sold. As for other platforms, NPD said both PS3 and Wii sales were down when compared to last September when the systems sold 491,800 and 462,800 units respectively.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP