- Don't Fall for this Xbox One Scam
- Even More Battlefield 4 Patches
- Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Awoken 2.1 Patch Releases December 17th
- New Trailer for Pikmin 3 DLC
- Steam Outs The Walking Dead Season Two Release Date
- The Witcher 3 Gameplay Trailer, Not New
- Mornin '13
- Double Dragon Trilogy Now Available on Mobile
- Final Fantasy VIII Now on Steam
- New Final Fantasy X and X/2 HD Remaster Videos
- Dark Souls 2 - Red, Yellow & Blue
- Battlefield 4 Patch for One-Hit Kill Bug on PS4 Released
- The Elder Scrolls Online Character Progression Trailer
- Cast for World of Warcraft Movie Confirmed
- Reggie Fils-Aime Says Petitioning Doesn't Really Affect Nintendo
In an announcement that nearly knocked me out of my chair, Blizzard is going to close the Diablo III gold and real world money auction house. While Blizzard has never been shy about pulling the plug on projects that don’t meet standards in the past, the auction house in Diablo III seemed to be an exception to the rule, where the company was sticking with their decision regardless of the negative impact on the game and feedback from the player community.
The auction house allowed players to buy and sell in game items using real world money, with the company keeping a bit from each transaction (wink, wink). This ‘feature’ seriously impacted the tried and true game mechanics of Diablo where most of the fun boiled down to farming mobs for loot.
Once the new Loot 2.0 system goes into effect next spring the auction house will go the way of the dodo. I might have to reinstall the game and give it another go when that happens.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP