- Kojima's Name Removed from Silent Hill Properties
- April's Games with Gold
- First Bloodborne Patch is Live
- PS4 Content for Batman Arkham Knight Will be Exclusive Until Fall
- Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Going to 3 More Consoles?
- Batman Arkham Knight Breathes Life Back Into Scarecrow
- Mornin '15
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Announced
- The Witcher 3 Gets You 200+ Hours of Gameplay
- PlayStation Plus for April 2015 Includes Dishonored
- Dying Light Emergency Broadcast
- REVIEW: Life is Strange Episode 2 - Out of Time
- The Sims 4: Get to Work Out Now
- Nintendo Direct Presentation on April 1st
- The Voting Poll You've Been Waiting for, The Serious One
Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games, posted a rather startling message on the developer's website today. Simply put, Levine wants to take Irrational Games into a new direction, one that's "a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two."
As a result, several people at Irrational Games are going to lose their jobs. Levine is keeping fifteen people for his smaller venture.
And what will this new venture do? "To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable," Levine wrote. "To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally."
It's crazy to think that Irrational Games will be no more. They've created some of the best games of the last console generation. It will be interesting to see what games they come up with on an indie-sized studio with a corporate budget.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP