- Broforce Leaving Early Access for a Real Release
- Game of Thrones Composer is Rise of the Tomb Raider Maestro
- Capcom Confirms Laura Matsuda in SFV at Brazil Game Show
- FIFA 16 Still Tops Nordic Games Chart
- Fallout 4 PC Specs and Console Requirements
- Destiny Update - Shotguns Nerfed, Xur's New Offerings
- Mornin '15
- FEATURE: Austin Wintory Interview
- FEATURE: Star Wars Battlefront Hands-on
- Just Cause 3 On a Mission Trailer
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will be Bigger Than the Witcher 3
- PlayStation 4 US Price Drops
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass Detailed
- Voice Actors Are Authorized to Go On Strike
Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games, posted a rather startling message on the developer's website today. Simply put, Levine wants to take Irrational Games into a new direction, one that's "a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two."
As a result, several people at Irrational Games are going to lose their jobs. Levine is keeping fifteen people for his smaller venture.
And what will this new venture do? "To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable," Levine wrote. "To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally."
It's crazy to think that Irrational Games will be no more. They've created some of the best games of the last console generation. It will be interesting to see what games they come up with on an indie-sized studio with a corporate budget.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP