- New Street Fighter V Trailer Highlights All 16 Characters
- Ubisoft Denies Consoles Held Back The Division on PC
- Hitman Beta Launches This Week
- Black Ops 3 Best-Seller in UK, XCOM 2 Way Behind
- Dark Souls 3 Opening Cinematic
- Titanfall 2 Will Include a Single-Player Campaign
- REVIEW: Unravel
- Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One: Now You Get it, Now You Don't
- XCOM 2 is All Over the Place
- Mornin '16
- COMIC: XCOM 3: Alien Plan Revealed
Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games, posted a rather startling message on the developer's website today. Simply put, Levine wants to take Irrational Games into a new direction, one that's "a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two."
As a result, several people at Irrational Games are going to lose their jobs. Levine is keeping fifteen people for his smaller venture.
And what will this new venture do? "To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable," Levine wrote. "To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally."
It's crazy to think that Irrational Games will be no more. They've created some of the best games of the last console generation. It will be interesting to see what games they come up with on an indie-sized studio with a corporate budget.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP