- Elite Dangerous Beta Now Cheaper
- Neverwinter Announced for Xbox One
- Pillars of Eternity Gameplay & Dev. Commentary
- Ninja Theory to Announce New IP
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Shows Combat in Detail
- Call of Duty: Kevin Spacey
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity Shots Show A Lot of Leaping
- LittleBigPlanet 3 Dated
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Cinematic Released
- The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Launch Trailer
- Hitman: Agent 47, First Movie Snaps
- PREVIEW: Destiny Beta Preview
Ken Levine, co-founder of Irrational Games, posted a rather startling message on the developer's website today. Simply put, Levine wants to take Irrational Games into a new direction, one that's "a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two."
As a result, several people at Irrational Games are going to lose their jobs. Levine is keeping fifteen people for his smaller venture.
And what will this new venture do? "To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable," Levine wrote. "To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally."
It's crazy to think that Irrational Games will be no more. They've created some of the best games of the last console generation. It will be interesting to see what games they come up with on an indie-sized studio with a corporate budget.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP