- PC Requirements for Watch_Dogs
- The Witcher 3 Delayed to 2015
- REVIEW: South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Microsoft Wants to Make Games with Gold like PS Plus
- EA Exec Doesn't Believe that Battlefield 4 Issues Have Damaged the Series
- Mornin '14
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 Dated, Screens & Trailer Released
- Gone Home Going to Consoles
- PlayStation Now Could Rent Games for $5 and $6
- New Jackdaw Edition for Assassin's Creed 4
- Recent Watch Dogs Trailer Sparks Downgrade Debate
On the PlayStation Blogcast, SCEA president Jack Tretton denied speculation that Sony caused the current PlayStation 4 shortage on purpose or that the shortage has been made up for publicity.
“You have competition out there,” Tretton said. “There are lots of things that people can spend money on, especially during the holidays; and the holidays only come around once a year, so that’s really when you want to take advantage of the market opportunity...It breaks my heart if somebody's got $400 in their hand and they want one and we can't sell them one."
He explained that it took the company months to produce the first million units that it sold. When they gave Amazon an additional 12,000 units, they sold out in less than 30 minutes.
Tretton has assured everyone that Sony will put out more consoles before the holiday season is over.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP