- Fans Could Bring About SNES Remix and GBA Remix
- REVIEW: The Elder Scrolls Online
- GRID: Autosport Official
- Mornin '14
- New Peggle 2 DLC Available Today
- Looks Like Suikoden II Will Go to the PS3
- GameStop Lists PS4 and Xbox One Versions of The Walking Dead
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Release Date & Gameplay Trailer
- GRID: Autosport Surfaces Along With Screens
On the PlayStation Blogcast, SCEA president Jack Tretton denied speculation that Sony caused the current PlayStation 4 shortage on purpose or that the shortage has been made up for publicity.
“You have competition out there,” Tretton said. “There are lots of things that people can spend money on, especially during the holidays; and the holidays only come around once a year, so that’s really when you want to take advantage of the market opportunity...It breaks my heart if somebody's got $400 in their hand and they want one and we can't sell them one."
He explained that it took the company months to produce the first million units that it sold. When they gave Amazon an additional 12,000 units, they sold out in less than 30 minutes.
Tretton has assured everyone that Sony will put out more consoles before the holiday season is over.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP