- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
- Mornin '14
- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
If the formula ain't broken, don't fix it.
Jay Wilson, former director for Diablo III, stated during a panel at GDC 2013 that Diablo III's auction house has done more harm than good. He said:
[The Auction House] really hurt the game.
What's especially interesting is he felt that way before the game launched, but went along with the new structure anyway. The effects have had such a devastating effect on the formula that he said Blizzard would disable the auction house if it was possible. Unfortunately, the entire game structure and monetary system are built around its existence.
At this point, Diablo III is a game of grinding gold. The moments of finding spectacular loot, which is what made the series so popular, are few and far between. Even when you do find a legendary item, in most cases it'll be looked at for its monetary value. In Inferno it's a rare occurance to find an item that you would use, let alone finding legendaries that aren't abundant on the auction house.
With the game deeply rooted in the very thing that prevents it from being a major success with fans, Blizzard is battling to make the rest of the experience compelling. After almost a year of patches the Inferno experience is much improved, but it'll take an expansion to really give the game a fighting chance.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
|PC, Bungie, you assholes!||37.35%|
|No, please. ||33.86%|