- Alien: Isolation Original Movie Cast Trailer
- Titanfall Update to Add In-Game Currency and Black Market
- Uncharted Movie Expected in 2016
- Developer Says The Order: 1886 Only Possible on PS4
- Lords of the Fallen Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Boss Key Productions Hires Former Staff of Neversoft, Irrational
- Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free Today on Origin
- Going to Comic Con? You Might Get to Play Super Smash Bros.
- FEATURE: Burden of BioWare - Pandering to the Masses
- Sony Announces PlayStation PLAY Summer Program
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Release Date Revealed
- Lords of the Fallen
Comic Con 2014 Trailer
- Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation Original Movie Cast Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin\'s Creed Unity Experience Trailer 1 New Engine, New Gameplay
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
- The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series - Season 2
The Walking Dead Season Two Episode 4 Trailer, Amid the Ruins
- Hyrule Warriors
Hyrule Warriors Zelda Wind Waker Trailer
If the formula ain't broken, don't fix it.
Jay Wilson, former director for Diablo III, stated during a panel at GDC 2013 that Diablo III's auction house has done more harm than good. He said:
[The Auction House] really hurt the game.
What's especially interesting is he felt that way before the game launched, but went along with the new structure anyway. The effects have had such a devastating effect on the formula that he said Blizzard would disable the auction house if it was possible. Unfortunately, the entire game structure and monetary system are built around its existence.
At this point, Diablo III is a game of grinding gold. The moments of finding spectacular loot, which is what made the series so popular, are few and far between. Even when you do find a legendary item, in most cases it'll be looked at for its monetary value. In Inferno it's a rare occurance to find an item that you would use, let alone finding legendaries that aren't abundant on the auction house.
With the game deeply rooted in the very thing that prevents it from being a major success with fans, Blizzard is battling to make the rest of the experience compelling. After almost a year of patches the Inferno experience is much improved, but it'll take an expansion to really give the game a fighting chance.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Seriously? You cheat in video games?
|Occasionally, only hints and video guides. ||34.97%|
|No. Never. ||26.31%|
|You can cheat in video games?||7.28%|