- COMIC: XCOM 3: Alien Plan Revealed
- Mornin '16
- New Skills and Mods Trailer for The Division
- FEATURE: Sexiest Non-Roided Men in Video Games
- New Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Patch Improves Graphics Options
- HTC Vive User Manual is Out, Shows Crazy Setup Requirements
- Unreal Engine 4 Video Shows Building VR within VR
- The Solus Project Heads to Early Access in February
- BMX Legend Dave Mirra Dies at 41
Having a very comfortable position in the glamorous world of big-budget Hollywood movie making, director JJ Abrams also seems to have his mitts on the potential movie versions of two of the gaming industry's most revered achievements - Half-life and Portal.
As any true-hearted gamer will tell you, both of these FPS delights were churned out by developer Valve and word is that the studio is already speaking withÂ JJ Abrams about the idea of movie adaptations for both franchises. The director also said that these titles were among his most favorite video games.
"Which is that we are really talking to Valve, we are going to be bringing on a writer, we have a lot of very interesting ideas," said Abrams to Polygon. "We're also aware of the cautionary tales of movies that became games and vice versa. Our goal here to is to treat the world Valve has created in both these properties like anyone would a book or some great story that comes from a pitch or original script - just to treat it with the respect they treat their games and their players with."
He added: "We're not looking to make a movie in the gaming world, we're not looking to impose what we do on that, we're looking forward to taking some of our strengths and collaborating with some of these incredible minds that make some of my favorite games."
Okay, we've all pondered this one many times: who's perfect for the role of Gordon Freeman?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP