- REVIEW: Battleborn
- The Legend of Zelda Enters the World Video Game Hall of Fame for 2016
- RUMOR: Another Battlefield Art Leak Surfaces
- Activision Would Worry about Call of Duty if They 'Stop Trying New Things'
- Voting Poll: Team Cap or Team Iron Man or...
- XCOM 2: Alien Huntters DLC Looks Like This
- Battlefield Announcement and Interview Later Today
- Mornin '16
- Nintendo's E3 2016 Press Conference Will be a One-Game Show
- E3 2016 PC Gaming Show Will Take EA's Usual Spot
- RUMOR: Next Battlefield Will be Battlefield 1944
- DOOM Launch Trailer and PC Requirements
- Call of Duty: Infinite Fanfare, People Downvoting Trailer
- Total War: Warhammer Will Launch With Full Mod Support
- Total War: Warhammer Developer Interview
- REVIEW: Kathy Rain
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor Trailer Released
- Watch Insanely Tough Dark Souls 3 Boss Go Down After One Hit
Game designer Monty Singleton has a new mission to bring back the world of Ghosts 'N Goblins to modern day consoles.
In case you're unfamiliar with this 80s classic, Ghosts 'N Goblins was a platformer starring King Arthur (yes, that King Arthur) on his quest to rescue his beloved Princess Prin Prin from Lucifer, the King of the Demon World. Singleton doesn't want to create an exact port of the game, but he wants to create a new game based upon the same premise and Demon World.
“All the bodies throughout history have been buried in the world’s tallest peak, Graveyard Mountain," Singleton described on his Kickstarter page. "All but one man has fallen into darkness as the dead have risen. Become King Arthur and descend 4,000 miles into the core of Demon World, destroy Lucifer, and save the princess.”
It's going to be another platformer, and one with retro difficulty. Singleton's goal is to make it so that it's possible to play through the game in less than a day, like so many retro NES and arcade games of the 80s, yet the only way you can do so is with skill.
"If you never see the end of Demon World, it will be due to lack of skill, not lack of time," Singleton emphasized.
Singleton plans for Ghosts 'N Goblins: Demon World to release for Ouya in October 2014, and for Xbox Live, the Wii U eShop, and the PSN by early 2015.
The campaign needs to raise $50,000 by November 28th to go forward.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP