- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
Kids Want iPad More Than Wii U
Uros "Vader" Pavlovic
10:26 am EDT @ November 22nd, 2012
Nintendo had this coming and they knew it. Apple has dominated the gadget market, in addition to making an impact on the mobile game market. According to the latest research conducted by Nielsen, American kids would rather get their hands on a shiny new iPad, as opposed to Nintendo's Wii U console, which launched on November 18 in the United States.
As part of Nielsen's survey, kids age 6 - 12 have responded to the following inquiry: "Interest in Buying in the Next 6 Months."
Here's how the percentages breakdown:
- iPad - 48%
- Wii U - 39%
- iPod Touch - 36%
- iPad Mini - 36%
- iPhone - 33%
- Computer - 31%
- Kinect 31%
- Tablet Computer other than iPad - 29%
- 3DS/3DS XL - 29%
- Other Nitnendo DS models - 28%
- PS3 - 26%
- Xbox 360 - 25%.
- PSP - 18%
- PSP Vita 14%
Scoop via MCV.
The full graphs can be seen over at Nielsen's blog.
6 post(s)Reader Comments
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP