- Fresh Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Screens
- Star Citizen Smashes Crowdfunding Record, Now on $55M
- Watch Dogs 2 to Get More Emergent Stories
- Concept Art for Uncharted 4 Surfaces
- Sunset Overdrive Shots Are Pretty Colorful as Expected
- Mornin '14
- MS Confirms Windows 10 for 2015
- Might & Magic Heroes Online Launch Trailer
- Tetris is Getting its Own Movie
- Huge Battlefield 4 Update Rolls Out Today
- Bungie Confirms Destiny Expansion Packs
- REVIEW: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
- Shadow of Mordor Launch Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Character Creation Trailer
Kids Want iPad More Than Wii U
Uros "Vader" Pavlovic
10:26 am EDT @ November 22nd, 2012
Nintendo had this coming and they knew it. Apple has dominated the gadget market, in addition to making an impact on the mobile game market. According to the latest research conducted by Nielsen, American kids would rather get their hands on a shiny new iPad, as opposed to Nintendo's Wii U console, which launched on November 18 in the United States.
As part of Nielsen's survey, kids age 6 - 12 have responded to the following inquiry: "Interest in Buying in the Next 6 Months."
Here's how the percentages breakdown:
- iPad - 48%
- Wii U - 39%
- iPod Touch - 36%
- iPad Mini - 36%
- iPhone - 33%
- Computer - 31%
- Kinect 31%
- Tablet Computer other than iPad - 29%
- 3DS/3DS XL - 29%
- Other Nitnendo DS models - 28%
- PS3 - 26%
- Xbox 360 - 25%.
- PSP - 18%
- PSP Vita 14%
Scoop via MCV.
The full graphs can be seen over at Nielsen's blog.
6 post(s)Reader Comments
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP