- Terminal Reality Closed
- Fable Anniversary Has a Release Date
- Cliff Bleszinski Wants to Make a 'Proper' PC Arena Shooter
- GTA: San Andreas Now Available for iOS
- Supposedly Leaked Fallout 4 Documentation Suggests a Boston Setting
- GOG.com Kicks Off Winter Sale with Free Fallout
- Mornin '13
- Steam Machine Prototypes Shipping December 13th
- The Elder Scrolls Online has a Release Date
- Terraria Releasing This Month for Vita
- Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns Collector's Edition
- Borderlands 2 Christmas-Themed DLC
- Pillars of Eternity First Gameplay Shown
What can we say? Games are large these days. It was just announced this morning that Call of Duty: Ghosts for PC will need 40 GB, and now if you're planning on downloading Killzone: Shadow Fall, it will take up almost that much on the PS4 (39.7 GB).
Guerrilla Games did note with Eurogamer that this is the size of the European version of the game; the North America version is a mere 37 GB.
"The bulk of it is textures," Michiel van der Leeuw, the studio's technical director, said. "I think we're probably a lot larger than the other cross-generation games, because we have no assets that have been made to a lower spec."
He also pointed out that the game is a bit more open than its predecessors. "The surface area, I'm just guessing here, must be five to 10 times bigger than Killzone 3 was," he said.
Those who purchase the game via download from the PlayStation Store will be able to start playing the game once it downloads about 7.5 GB.Killzone: Shadow Fall will launch with the PS4 on November 15th in North America and November 29th in Europe.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP