- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
In response to Junkyard Sam's accusations that King.com blatantly copied their game Scamperghost, King.com has pulled their game, Pac-Avoid, from the marketplace. Of course, King.com continues to deny that it cloned the game.
"Like any prudent company, we take all appropriate steps to protect our IP in a sensible and fair way. At the same time, we are respectful of the rights and IP of other developers. Before we launch any game, we do a thorough search of other games in the marketplace, as well as a review of trademark filings, to ensure that we are not infringing anyone else's IP," a spokesperson told Kotaku.
"However, for the avoidance of doubt, in this case, this game - which was coded by a third-party developer 5 years ago - is being taken down."
In regards to the other drama King.com has caused in terms of their trademark on the word "saga," Stoic Studios, developer of The Banner Saga, has said that they will fight against King.com for their trademark for the game's title.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP