- REVIEW: Depression Quest
- Assassin's Creed Rogue Screens
- Battlefield Hardline Into The Jungle Trailer
- Destiny Planet View Trailer
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Screenshots
- Beyond: Two Souls Director's Cut for PS4 Spotted
- PlayStation 1.76 Firmware Update Out Today
- Resident Evil HD Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Bloodborne Gets Release Date in Japan
- Borderlands: Pre-Sequel Season Pass Announced
- Alone in the Dark: Illumination Trailer
- Metro Redux Tops UK Charts
- Persona 5 Confirmed for PlayStation 4
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Revelations 2
In response to Junkyard Sam's accusations that King.com blatantly copied their game Scamperghost, King.com has pulled their game, Pac-Avoid, from the marketplace. Of course, King.com continues to deny that it cloned the game.
"Like any prudent company, we take all appropriate steps to protect our IP in a sensible and fair way. At the same time, we are respectful of the rights and IP of other developers. Before we launch any game, we do a thorough search of other games in the marketplace, as well as a review of trademark filings, to ensure that we are not infringing anyone else's IP," a spokesperson told Kotaku.
"However, for the avoidance of doubt, in this case, this game - which was coded by a third-party developer 5 years ago - is being taken down."
In regards to the other drama King.com has caused in terms of their trademark on the word "saga," Stoic Studios, developer of The Banner Saga, has said that they will fight against King.com for their trademark for the game's title.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP