- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
In response to Junkyard Sam's accusations that King.com blatantly copied their game Scamperghost, King.com has pulled their game, Pac-Avoid, from the marketplace. Of course, King.com continues to deny that it cloned the game.
"Like any prudent company, we take all appropriate steps to protect our IP in a sensible and fair way. At the same time, we are respectful of the rights and IP of other developers. Before we launch any game, we do a thorough search of other games in the marketplace, as well as a review of trademark filings, to ensure that we are not infringing anyone else's IP," a spokesperson told Kotaku.
"However, for the avoidance of doubt, in this case, this game - which was coded by a third-party developer 5 years ago - is being taken down."
In regards to the other drama King.com has caused in terms of their trademark on the word "saga," Stoic Studios, developer of The Banner Saga, has said that they will fight against King.com for their trademark for the game's title.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP