- Dishonored 2 Will Sneak Onto Shelves This November
- It's Raining Corpses in the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 3 Trailer
- Watch Dogs 2 Protagonist Possibly Leaked
- Chaos Warriors DLC Now Free Week One for Total War After Backlash
- REVIEW: Party Hard
- Call of Duty: Infinite War Screens Show More New Stuff
- Mornin '16
- FEATURE: Gears of War 4 Multiplayer Hand-on
- RUMOR: The Last Guardian and Gran Turismo Sport Releasing This Year
- Stardew Valley Developer Farms Out Co-Op Feature
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 3 Announcement Tomorow?
- Mighty No. 9 Has Gone Gold
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Officially Announced for November
- Dark Souls 3 Players Getting Banned for Using Hacked Items
- Microsoft Closes Lionhead Studios
- Dark Souls 3 and Rocket League - PC Gamers' Favorites
After all the news and shit that went on during Gamescom, miraculously enough, we've managed to breeze through the entire event without mentioning one important news story. Hideo Kojima, who we know as the mind behind Metal Gear Solid, and movie director Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy) have teamed up to create a new Silent Hill game. Sony revealed this during their Gamescom press conference held on Tuesday in Cologne.
Carrying the title "Silent Hills" the game is going to star Norman Reedus, who you may know from the TV series The Walking Dead - he portrayed the main character. "The one thing that I can say about Silent Hills, and this is something I've been discussing with Guillermo del Toro as well, is that originally we were thinking of making a game that would make you pee your pants, but at this point we've changed our minds, and now we're aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants," said Kojima.
It was also revealed that Silent Hills is going to utilize the Fox Engine. The tech is currently used for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which was showcased during both the E3 2014 and Gamescom 2014. Meanwhile, Del Toro has worked on a game project called Insane (Violition and THQ), but no word was given on the status of that ever since THQ went down the tubes. The game was never officially canceled though either.
The mind wonders at the very possibility of these two minds clashing. Let us hope we get to see the results of their work soon.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP