- Technomancer Screens
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection June 2015
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy DLC Trailer
- Ubisoft Sale at the PlayStation Store
- Mornin '15
- The Witcher 3 PC Gets New Patch
- Square Enix Announces Active Time Reports for Final Fantasy XV
- Until Dawn Launch Date Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Releases June 9th for the New Generation of Consoles
- Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
- Another Team of Former BioShock Devs Go to Kickstarter for Horror Game
- Adventures of Pip Releases June 4th for PC
- Project CARS May Be a Big Never for the Wii U
- Resident Evil Zero Remastered Coming
- The Witcher 3 Tops UK Sales, But Farms Are Cool Too
After all the news and shit that went on during Gamescom, miraculously enough, we've managed to breeze through the entire event without mentioning one important news story. Hideo Kojima, who we know as the mind behind Metal Gear Solid, and movie director Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy) have teamed up to create a new Silent Hill game. Sony revealed this during their Gamescom press conference held on Tuesday in Cologne.
Carrying the title "Silent Hills" the game is going to star Norman Reedus, who you may know from the TV series The Walking Dead - he portrayed the main character. "The one thing that I can say about Silent Hills, and this is something I've been discussing with Guillermo del Toro as well, is that originally we were thinking of making a game that would make you pee your pants, but at this point we've changed our minds, and now we're aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants," said Kojima.
It was also revealed that Silent Hills is going to utilize the Fox Engine. The tech is currently used for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which was showcased during both the E3 2014 and Gamescom 2014. Meanwhile, Del Toro has worked on a game project called Insane (Violition and THQ), but no word was given on the status of that ever since THQ went down the tubes. The game was never officially canceled though either.
The mind wonders at the very possibility of these two minds clashing. Let us hope we get to see the results of their work soon.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP