- Bungie Could Lose $2.5 Million Due to Review Scores
- New Assassin's Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer
- Mortal Kombat X Controller Spotted in the Wild
- September Xbox Games with Gold
- The Order: 1886 Dev Defends Destiny Against Low Review Scores
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Breaks 1 Million Sales
- Divinity: Original Sin Enriched With Free DLC
- Borderlands Getting Steamworks Multiplayer Support
- REVIEW: Destiny
- Mornin '14
- Far Cry 4 The Mighty Elephants of Kyrat Trailer
- Hearthstone Reaches 20 Million Players Milestone
- Valve Gets Saints Row Creative Director
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Diary Part 3
- Destiny & The Sims 4 Britishly Triumphant
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Rumored for November 21
- Living in a Wasteland ... 2
- Notch Leaves Mojang After Microsoft Sale
- It's Official: Minecraft Creator Joins Microsoft
The latest and most up to date Xbox sales numbers have been revealed by Microsoft (via Major Nelson), showing that the Xbox 360 has now sold over 76 million units worldwide, which represents a number three times that of the original Xbox. As for the Kinect sensor, there have now been 24 million sold since launch, and Xbox Live is now at 46 million members, a growth of 15% since last year.
Xbox Live Gold members in the United States then spent an average of 87 hours per month on their Xbox in 2012, 10% more than 2011, with Xbox Live users in general experiencing over 18 billion hours of content.
Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate VP of Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment Business, talked about the Xbox's big numbers:
"We believe that Xbox is being used by more people in the household, during more hours in the day and for more forms of entertainment. People are using Xbox in the morning to work out with the Kinect Nike+ Fitness program, kids are watching cartoons, families are enjoying movies, and of course people are playing blockbuster games like Halo 4."
How many hours do you think you spend on your Xbox per month?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP