- FEATURE: 5 Things the FFVII Remake Will Most Likely Remove from the Original
- No Man's Sky Looks Better And Better
- Mornin '15
- Shenmue Creator 'Won't Be' Disappointed if Shenmue Doesn't Raise $10M
- Star Citizen Exec Producer Leaving?
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PS4 Drops Next Week
- Minecraft: Story Mode Releasing Later This Year
- Bloodborne Patch 1.05 Will Improve Matchmaking
- Predator Bundle for Mortal Kombat X Releases July 7th
- ARK: Survival Evolved Tops Steam Sales
In these trying times for video game developers and publishers, it just goes to show that no one is safe; not even the giant known as Valve. Gamasutra has reported that Valve has laid off an undisclosed number of employees. Thus far, the layoffs appear to be only within Valve's hardware and Android-development departments. Thus far, it is estimated (but not confirmed) that around 25 people have lost their jobs.
There has been no official word from Valve about the number of layoffs and which departments were specifically affected. Similarly, there is no definite word on why Valve needed these layoffs, whether they were for financial reasons or just a restructuring and re-evaluation of their business.
No matter the reason, we wish all those affected good luck in finding new jobs as quickly as possible.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP