- Beyond Good & Evil 2 Artwork Teased
- Swedish Politicians Duke it Out in StarCraft II Tournament
- Dark Souls 2 for PC Reportedly Delayed a Week
- Mornin '14
- World of Darkness MMO Laid Off with Employees
- Civilization: Beyond Earth Announced, Trailer & Shots Released
- FEATURE: New Generation Games We're Excited About In 2014
- DICE Investigating Death Shield Bug in Battlefield 4
- Visceral Games Adds Co-Writer for Upcoming Star Wars Game
- Grave Indie Game Coming to PC & Xbox One
In these trying times for video game developers and publishers, it just goes to show that no one is safe; not even the giant known as Valve. Gamasutra has reported that Valve has laid off an undisclosed number of employees. Thus far, the layoffs appear to be only within Valve's hardware and Android-development departments. Thus far, it is estimated (but not confirmed) that around 25 people have lost their jobs.
There has been no official word from Valve about the number of layoffs and which departments were specifically affected. Similarly, there is no definite word on why Valve needed these layoffs, whether they were for financial reasons or just a restructuring and re-evaluation of their business.
No matter the reason, we wish all those affected good luck in finding new jobs as quickly as possible.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP