- Respawn Shows off Map for Titanfall Expedition DLC
- CoD Gamer Loses Scares, Reports Opposing Players to Police & SWAT
- Ambitious Writer Goes to Kickstarter for Novel on History of EVE Online
- Free-to-Play Soulcalibur Game Currently Unplayable
- Watch Dogs 9 Minute MP Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- 2D Prince of Persia Plot Thickens
- Lords of the Fallen Dev Says It's Harder to Have 1080p Resolution on Xbox One than PS4
- Fans Could Bring About SNES Remix and GBA Remix
- REVIEW: The Elder Scrolls Online
- GRID: Autosport Official
In these trying times for video game developers and publishers, it just goes to show that no one is safe; not even the giant known as Valve. Gamasutra has reported that Valve has laid off an undisclosed number of employees. Thus far, the layoffs appear to be only within Valve's hardware and Android-development departments. Thus far, it is estimated (but not confirmed) that around 25 people have lost their jobs.
There has been no official word from Valve about the number of layoffs and which departments were specifically affected. Similarly, there is no definite word on why Valve needed these layoffs, whether they were for financial reasons or just a restructuring and re-evaluation of their business.
No matter the reason, we wish all those affected good luck in finding new jobs as quickly as possible.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP