- 343 Explains the 20GB Day-One Download for the Master Chief Collection
- More Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage Leaks
- Jade Raymond Leaves Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare System Requirements Revealed
- Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror Releases Tomorrow
- In The UK, None Shall Pass... But FIFA
- New Borderlands Game is Top Seller on Steam
- First Expansion for FFXIV Announced - Heavensward
- Mornin '14
- COMIC: Inquisitive Xenomorph
In these trying times for video game developers and publishers, it just goes to show that no one is safe; not even the giant known as Valve. Gamasutra has reported that Valve has laid off an undisclosed number of employees. Thus far, the layoffs appear to be only within Valve's hardware and Android-development departments. Thus far, it is estimated (but not confirmed) that around 25 people have lost their jobs.
There has been no official word from Valve about the number of layoffs and which departments were specifically affected. Similarly, there is no definite word on why Valve needed these layoffs, whether they were for financial reasons or just a restructuring and re-evaluation of their business.
No matter the reason, we wish all those affected good luck in finding new jobs as quickly as possible.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP