- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Unity NVIDIA-Flavored Trailer
- Sony Investigating Issues with PS4 Update 2.0
- Halo 2 Anniversary Trailer
- Star Citizen Now Has $59 Million
- Destiny The Dark Below Expansion Detailed
- Crusader: No Remorse For Free
- Noriega Lawsuit Dismissed
- Dying Light PS3 & 360 Cancelled
- Star Wars: Battlefront Set for Holiday 2015
As we tread through the domain of RPG classics, we fondly remember Legend of Grimrock, an indie game that arrived in 2012 and delighted us with its simplicity and old-school gameplay.
The studio Almost Human are now confident about bringing a full sequel to their game. They initially wanted to create an expansion pack, but have later decided to create a full-on sequel - Legend of Grimrock 2.
Here's more info from the developers:
First, we’d really like to get back to posting regular development updates. More specifically, we’d like to be able to talk openly and honestly about the cool things happening here at the office, just like we did when we were working on Legend of Grimrock. The problem is that it’s hard to talk about the things we’re doing if we don’t know for sure what the end result will be, if it’s going to be a DLC or something else.
Secondly, and this is a biggie (probably more to ourselves than you!), we are now officially working on… Legend of Grimrock 2! Creating a mere DLC or expansion to Grimrock simply would not have felt right. As today’s meeting proved, we still have a lot of ideas we’d like to explore, lots and lots of new content already done (originally made for a DLC/expansion) and a big engine update in the works. Simply put, a DLC would have limited too much what we can do. With a full blown sequel we can raise Grimrock to the next level.
I’m sure you had all this figured out for a while already, but announcing a project is something we don’t take lightly, so we had to be really sure that this is the thing we want to blow our hearts and souls into.
So, the cat is out of the bag, and this post is already getting quite long. I’ll leave the details to the development updates that we’re going to start posting again as the work progresses. Oh, there’s so much to tell…
Exciting times ahead!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP