- COMIC: The Winning Team
- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
Ken Levine, well-known game designer and creator of BioShock, is to pen the script for the remake of the sci-fi film Logan's Run (1976). Reportedly, Levine will remain creative director at Irrational Games (the studio responsible for BioShock Infinite).
I've actually seen this movie twice. It was a great sci-fi tale for its time. Also, I have nothing against Ken Levine moving on to script-writing, but I must admit that there seems to be a lot of this going on in the industry lately. Hollywood writers working on video games and the other way around. A game designer is supposed to be a game designer. So it was decreed...
Okay, I don't want to come across as jerk here. It's understandable. Games are big-budget projects now. After all they make more money than movies. Still, from some angles I just don't like the way the movie industry has intertwined with the video games industry. Also, if Levine decides to call it a day, as far as games are concerned, well, that's one proper game designer less and that's not a good thing.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP