- REVIEW: Blues and Bullets
- Forza 6 TV Commercial
- Broken Sword 5 Now Available for New Gen Consoles
- Server Issues Fixed on Xbox One MGS5
- Taken King Crucible Free Next Week
- GTA Movie Gets First Trailer
- Need for Speed Gameplay Five Ways To Play Trailer
- Batman: Akrham Knight Interim Patch is Here, For Real This Time
- Mornin '15
- Harmonix Joins Fig Crowdfunding
- Borderlands Added to Xbox One Backwards Compatibility
- Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut PS4 Code Giveaway
- REVIEW: Madden NFL 16 Review
- Batman Arkham Knight PC Patch Released, Then Pulled
- Witcher Universe on Sale at GOG.com
- New Mortal Kombat X DLC for 2016
Know the little blue light on the front of the PlayStation 4 controller? Apparently that cannot be turned off and it has the world of the Internet in a tizzy. Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony Worldwide Studios, was asked directly about the light on the controller on Twitter, specifically if the light could be turned off to save the controller's battery, and he responded with a simple "no."
This light bar on the controller was designed to work with the PS4 camera to detect motion, send alerts for system functions, and for developer-specific purposes. For example, Killzone: Shadow Fall uses the light bar to show the players' health.
This news has not been well received in the world of social media, as many Twitterers have been complaining that this will cause light reflection problems, especially while playing in the dark.
Do you see this as a potential issue or just another overreaction of the interwebs?
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP