- Shenmue Creator 'Won't Be' Disappointed if Shenmue Doesn't Raise $10M
- Star Citizen Exec Producer Leaving?
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PS4 Drops Next Week
- Minecraft: Story Mode Releasing Later This Year
- Bloodborne Patch 1.05 Will Improve Matchmaking
- Predator Bundle for Mortal Kombat X Releases July 7th
- ARK: Survival Evolved Tops Steam Sales
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Gotham's Refund Knight
Let's kick it up a notch... BAM!
BioWare's Edmonton and Montreal General Manager Aaron Flynn has revealed via Twitter that the new Frostbite 3 engine, which was just announced along with Battlefield 4, will be used for both of its major titles in development. He said:
We're using Frostbite 3 for both DA3 and the next Mass Effect. Different games, but same engine fundamentals.
Frostbite 3 is said to bring huge improvements for the engine. It will incorporate more realistic animations, shaders, effects, new weather particles, and more explosive destructible environments. In other words, it's a great candidate for the next line of BioWare titles.
What's left in question is if these titles actually embrace next-gen hardware. Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 hit a plateau that showed their formula is aging. A new engine along with more powerful hardware could be exactly what these two series need to raise their potential.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP