- Total War: Warhammer Developer Interview
- REVIEW: Kathy Rain
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor Trailer Released
- Watch Insanely Tough Dark Souls 3 Boss Go Down After One Hit
- Mornin '16
- Respawn and EA Join Forces for a New Star Wars Game
- Check Out These Weapons of Mass Destruction in New W40K: Inquisitor - Martyr Trailer
- Massive Star Wars Sale at the PlayStation Store
- LEGO Star Wars: The Fourth Awakens Trailer
- FEATURE: Top 4 Star Wars Vehicles and Ships With Video Game Potential
- Star Wars Games Very Cheap on Steam
Let's kick it up a notch... BAM!
BioWare's Edmonton and Montreal General Manager Aaron Flynn has revealed via Twitter that the new Frostbite 3 engine, which was just announced along with Battlefield 4, will be used for both of its major titles in development. He said:
We're using Frostbite 3 for both DA3 and the next Mass Effect. Different games, but same engine fundamentals.
Frostbite 3 is said to bring huge improvements for the engine. It will incorporate more realistic animations, shaders, effects, new weather particles, and more explosive destructible environments. In other words, it's a great candidate for the next line of BioWare titles.
What's left in question is if these titles actually embrace next-gen hardware. Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 hit a plateau that showed their formula is aging. A new engine along with more powerful hardware could be exactly what these two series need to raise their potential.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP