- Fans Could Bring About SNES Remix and GBA Remix
- REVIEW: The Elder Scrolls Online
- GRID: Autosport Official
- Mornin '14
- New Peggle 2 DLC Available Today
- Looks Like Suikoden II Will Go to the PS3
- GameStop Lists PS4 and Xbox One Versions of The Walking Dead
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Release Date & Gameplay Trailer
- GRID: Autosport Surfaces Along With Screens
Let's kick it up a notch... BAM!
BioWare's Edmonton and Montreal General Manager Aaron Flynn has revealed via Twitter that the new Frostbite 3 engine, which was just announced along with Battlefield 4, will be used for both of its major titles in development. He said:
We're using Frostbite 3 for both DA3 and the next Mass Effect. Different games, but same engine fundamentals.
Frostbite 3 is said to bring huge improvements for the engine. It will incorporate more realistic animations, shaders, effects, new weather particles, and more explosive destructible environments. In other words, it's a great candidate for the next line of BioWare titles.
What's left in question is if these titles actually embrace next-gen hardware. Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 hit a plateau that showed their formula is aging. A new engine along with more powerful hardware could be exactly what these two series need to raise their potential.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP