- The Walking Dead Game Dated for PS4 and Xbox One
- Alien Isolation 'Stomp' and 'Flared Up' Trailers
- PlayStation Plus Fees Getting a Price Increase in Some Areas
- Voting Poll: Destiny
- Mornin '14
- New Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Shows Off Crafting
- New Destiny Patch Improves Legendary Drops
- Zen Studios Announces South Park Pinball
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth 10 Minutes of Gameplay
- Fresh Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Screens
- Star Citizen Smashes Crowdfunding Record, Now on $55M
- Watch Dogs 2 to Get More Emergent Stories
- Concept Art for Uncharted 4 Surfaces
- Sunset Overdrive Shots Are Pretty Colorful as Expected
Let's kick it up a notch... BAM!
BioWare's Edmonton and Montreal General Manager Aaron Flynn has revealed via Twitter that the new Frostbite 3 engine, which was just announced along with Battlefield 4, will be used for both of its major titles in development. He said:
We're using Frostbite 3 for both DA3 and the next Mass Effect. Different games, but same engine fundamentals.
Frostbite 3 is said to bring huge improvements for the engine. It will incorporate more realistic animations, shaders, effects, new weather particles, and more explosive destructible environments. In other words, it's a great candidate for the next line of BioWare titles.
What's left in question is if these titles actually embrace next-gen hardware. Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 hit a plateau that showed their formula is aging. A new engine along with more powerful hardware could be exactly what these two series need to raise their potential.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP