- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix Features Trailer
- FEATURE: Top 11 Man-Candy of Gaming
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Launches Tomorrow
- Lindsay Lohan Used GTA Lawsuit as Publicity, Claims Take-Two
- Mornin '14
- Escape Dead Island Gets Release Date
- Nintendo Details Mario Kart 8 DLC
- Police Called on Game Developer for Nuclear War Maps
- Standalone Kinect has a Price and a Release Date
- GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies to Online Store
- Top Creators Back Latest Tropes vs. Women Video
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Patch 2.1.0 Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Coop Shown, Mostly About Loot
Let's kick it up a notch... BAM!
BioWare's Edmonton and Montreal General Manager Aaron Flynn has revealed via Twitter that the new Frostbite 3 engine, which was just announced along with Battlefield 4, will be used for both of its major titles in development. He said:
We're using Frostbite 3 for both DA3 and the next Mass Effect. Different games, but same engine fundamentals.
Frostbite 3 is said to bring huge improvements for the engine. It will incorporate more realistic animations, shaders, effects, new weather particles, and more explosive destructible environments. In other words, it's a great candidate for the next line of BioWare titles.
What's left in question is if these titles actually embrace next-gen hardware. Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 hit a plateau that showed their formula is aging. A new engine along with more powerful hardware could be exactly what these two series need to raise their potential.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP