- Shenmue Creator 'Won't Be' Disappointed if Shenmue Doesn't Raise $10M
- Star Citizen Exec Producer Leaving?
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for PS4 Drops Next Week
- Minecraft: Story Mode Releasing Later This Year
- Bloodborne Patch 1.05 Will Improve Matchmaking
- Predator Bundle for Mortal Kombat X Releases July 7th
- ARK: Survival Evolved Tops Steam Sales
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Gotham's Refund Knight
American McGee of Spicy Horse took to Facebook to explain exactly why releasing the Xbox One in China will be a mistake. Microsoft has announced that they plan to launch their new console in China by September, but McGee strongly believes the console will crash as the market is already dominated by free-to-play mobile and PC games.
McGee goes as far as to compare the launch to "selling sand at the beach," because these consoles are already available to anyone who wants them from the gray market. He also pointed out that China is already saturated with cheaper Android-powered consoles that run far cheaper games.
There's a chance McGee might know what he's talking about, as he's lived in Shanghai for several years.
McGee also points out the huge piracy problem in China, the fact that families would rather spend money on education over a new console, and the government's tendency to censor most big-named games.
"I could make more points..." McGee said. "Chinese consumers are addicted to mobile phones, gamers get their kicks online, consoles are dead, etc, etc... but there's no stopping a dinosaur. I'll just leave it at five."[Source]
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP