- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
During the GDC 2014 in San Frascisco, Microsoft and some of its partners (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel and Qualcomm) announced DirectX 12, as well as the brand new DX gaming API.
Word is that DX 12 will bring significant improvements for developers to all of MS platforms, which of course, Xbox One, Windows Mobile and PC. Also, the new gaming API gives devs a chance to spread tasks across multi-core CPUs, which means the CPU is less strained.
MS also showcased DirectX 12's cross-platform approach via Forza Motorsport 5, which was running on a PC utilizing an NVIDIA graphics card.
Of course, when pressed for more on this particlar matter, MS said they have no plans to move the Forza franchise to other platforms at this time.
Check out more info here.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP