- COMIC: Bizarre Creed
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Unity
- Mornin '14
- And The Game Awards Nominees Are...
- And the Winner of Far Cry Friday is...
- Valve Cracking Down on Requirements for Steam Early Access
- Free Sunset Overdrive Trial on Saturday Only
- REVIEW: Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles Looks Insane, In a Good Way
During the GDC 2014 in San Frascisco, Microsoft and some of its partners (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel and Qualcomm) announced DirectX 12, as well as the brand new DX gaming API.
Word is that DX 12 will bring significant improvements for developers to all of MS platforms, which of course, Xbox One, Windows Mobile and PC. Also, the new gaming API gives devs a chance to spread tasks across multi-core CPUs, which means the CPU is less strained.
MS also showcased DirectX 12's cross-platform approach via Forza Motorsport 5, which was running on a PC utilizing an NVIDIA graphics card.
Of course, when pressed for more on this particlar matter, MS said they have no plans to move the Forza franchise to other platforms at this time.
Check out more info here.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP