- COMIC: Wedding Preparations
- Mornin '15
- Don't Starve Gets Shipwrecked Expansion
- Nvidia Recalling Shield Tablets for Fire Hazard
- Total War: Warhammer In-Game Engine Developer Commentary
- New Battlefield Game in 2016
- EA's Financial Results Exceed Expectations
- FEATURE: Open Worlds Devouring Small Ones
- Rocket League Sales Top 5 Million, Free Content Coming
Frank Savage, Xbox partner development lead, has said that Microsoft has not ruled out a possibility for emulating Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One.
"There are [plans]," he said at Microsoft's Build conference last week. "But we're not done thinking them through yet, unfortunately.
"It turns out to be hard to emulate the PowerPC stuff on the X86 stuff. So there's nothing to announce, but I would love to see it myself."
Last November, Albert Penello said that such an emulation service would be unlikely.
"It's really cool and really problematic, all at the same time, insofar as it's really super cool if you happen to have the world's most awesome internet connection," he said.
Xbox 360 emulation would make several people happy, and would possibly move more units. But if you have to buy the games again, like it appears to be the case for the PlayStation Now, color me uninterested.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP