- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Trailer
- Steam Sale Folks, Get Your Poor Suffering Wallets Ready
- Ubisoft's 300 Fixes for Assassin's Creed Unity
- Tales from the Borderlands Launch Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Far Cry 4 Death By Elephant Week Video
- Far Cry 4 Patched for PC
- Destiny The Dark Below Trailer
- Telltale's Tales from the Borderlands Hits Steam
- Total War: Attila Trailer, Release Date
The Xbox One may have a Kinect-less option soon, but Microsoft has zero plans to end its upport for the peripheral. Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb said on his podcast that offering the cheaper Xbox One was about giving gamers a choice.
"We are not discontinuing Kinect or support for it. We still have a whole team of folks working on that. But we want to give everybody who would like to get in on the Xbox One action an opportunity," Hryb said.
Microsoft still has plans to keep the Kinect as part of its long-term vision for the Xbox One. In addition, Phil Spencer says he believes that this lower price point will actually encourage more Kinect sales. He says that the $399 version will bring in a larger audience, who more than likely will realize that they want a Kinect and will buy the peripheral separately.
Microsoft still has not announced how much the Kinect will cost on its own. The Kinect-less Xbox One will go on sale on June 9th.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP