- Bombshell Reveal Trailer
- Skyrim Mods No Longer Have a File Size Limit
- Unreal Engine 4 Free for Everyone
- Dying Light Champion in UK
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Card Game
- HTC Announces Their Own VR Headset
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Countdown Clock Appears
- World Asking for Half-Life 3, Again
- Trine 3 Announced, Trailer Released
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: In A Flash 1886
The Xbox One may have a Kinect-less option soon, but Microsoft has zero plans to end its upport for the peripheral. Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb said on his podcast that offering the cheaper Xbox One was about giving gamers a choice.
"We are not discontinuing Kinect or support for it. We still have a whole team of folks working on that. But we want to give everybody who would like to get in on the Xbox One action an opportunity," Hryb said.
Microsoft still has plans to keep the Kinect as part of its long-term vision for the Xbox One. In addition, Phil Spencer says he believes that this lower price point will actually encourage more Kinect sales. He says that the $399 version will bring in a larger audience, who more than likely will realize that they want a Kinect and will buy the peripheral separately.
Microsoft still has not announced how much the Kinect will cost on its own. The Kinect-less Xbox One will go on sale on June 9th.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP