- Batman: Arkham Knight Glides to the Tops of the Nordic Charts
- Nintendo Play Station Prototype Found
- Fallout Shelter will Hit Android Next Month
- Batgirl DLC for Batman: Arkham Knight Will Release July 14th
- REVIEW: Batman Arkham Knight
- Mornin '15
- Nintendo Responds to E3 Criticizing Feedback
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies to be Revealed at SDCC
- Preorder Fallout 4 on the Xbox Store, Get Fallout 3 Free
- Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty to Racketeering and Gun Running
- Steam Hardware Preorders Already Sold Out
- Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Leaked
The Xbox Games with Gold program hasn't exactly been that entincing since it started up at the end of 2013. While PlayStation Plus is releasing brand new games, the Games with Gold has seen far older ones, such as Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2. Microsoft wants to change that.
At SXSW, Phil Spencer promised better improvements are on the way for Gold subscribers.
One of our issues with Games with Gold — not 'issues,' but differences between the other system we get compared to, is the fact that with Games with Gold, you get to keep that game, regardless of whether you continue to subscribe. And the business around Games with Gold, for us, is just fundamentally different from some of the other programs that are out there, which does put a different financial picture on a — you're gonna go buy a game that's brand new, the cost of putting that in, just to be kind of blunt about it.
That said, I have been sitting down, monthly now, with that team — some of the earlier months were already programmed — and playing a more active role in picking franchises that show up in Games with Gold, and I think you'll see at least something that feels, at least, more true to what I think Games with Gold should look like with the constraints that are there.
So maybe the games will only be a year old instead? I'm being mean, I admit. Really any improvement would be a good thing.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP