- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Minecraft, the independently developed world-building game, reached a peak in sales. The game had enough marketing exposure recently, what with the recent server issues, which subsequently led to a free-to-play weekend that attracted a great number of players. In addition, PA already made two comics about it, so that doesn't hurt either.
Minecraft's official sales-tracking site notes that the game was bought by 25,936 people 24 hours after it got back online last Wednesday. The game's developer (just one guy) marked a nice little profit - approximately $350,000.
Congrats to Markus Persson, the creator of Minecraft, may he be crowned with jewels and lovely, naked women for the rest of his adult life. Just wish the game's title included a different word... anything but 'Craft' Why does it have to be Craft? No wait, let me guess - you build stuff, so that's why it's 'Craft'... right he has the perfect excuse to call it that. Craft, craft, craft. The Mines of CraftCraft.
Yes, I'm jealous of the guy, because he's brilliant and I'm fucking stupid for not coming up with this idea first. Normally, we all get jealous of people who get rich in a few days time. It's only natural. Right? Right? My eye just started twitching.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP