- Homefront: The Revolution Gamescom Trailer
- Destiny Goes from Dinklage to Dinkless
- Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Gamescom Trailer
- Crackdown 3 Gamescom 2015 Trailer
- Surprise! Halo Wars 2 Announced at Gamescom
- Just Cause 3 Gamescom Trailer Burns it All Down
- Scalebound Gamescom Trailer
- Quantum Break Release Date Announced at Gamescom
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Descent Trailer
- Mad Max Stronghold Screens & Trailer
- Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
- MGS 5 PC Arriving A Bit Earlier
- REVIEW: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember
- Mornin '15
- Rock Band 4 'On-Disc' Set-List Revealed
- Fallout 4 Reportedly Has Over 400 Hours of Content
- Raw Fury Presents Gameplay Trailer for Indie Game Kingdom
- Final Fantasy XII Remake is Not Happening (Supposedly)
- Rocket League Holds as Top Seller on Steam
- The Spanish Ninja Returns to Street Fighter V
- Buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Get the Entire Gears Collection
- Lego Jurassic World Tops UK Sales Chart
- Konami Reportedly Mistreats Staff
Minecraft, the independently developed world-building game, reached a peak in sales. The game had enough marketing exposure recently, what with the recent server issues, which subsequently led to a free-to-play weekend that attracted a great number of players. In addition, PA already made two comics about it, so that doesn't hurt either.
Minecraft's official sales-tracking site notes that the game was bought by 25,936 people 24 hours after it got back online last Wednesday. The game's developer (just one guy) marked a nice little profit - approximately $350,000.
Congrats to Markus Persson, the creator of Minecraft, may he be crowned with jewels and lovely, naked women for the rest of his adult life. Just wish the game's title included a different word... anything but 'Craft' Why does it have to be Craft? No wait, let me guess - you build stuff, so that's why it's 'Craft'... right he has the perfect excuse to call it that. Craft, craft, craft. The Mines of CraftCraft.
Yes, I'm jealous of the guy, because he's brilliant and I'm fucking stupid for not coming up with this idea first. Normally, we all get jealous of people who get rich in a few days time. It's only natural. Right? Right? My eye just started twitching.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP