- Blitzkrieg 3 RTS Announced
- Torment: Tides of Numenera First Gameplay Trailer
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer Unveils Skill Trees
- Star Citizen Now With a Budget of $53M
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Full... Um Teaser
- Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Going to PC
- FEATURE: Most Wanted Babes vs. Most Wanted Games
- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments Trailer
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS Demo Now Available for All
- Bloodborne Has Official Release Date in NA and Europe
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Release Date Confirmed with Final Fantasy XV Demo
- Mornin '14
- Alpha Invitations Going Out for Bloodborne
- Gone Home Map Created for Counterstrike: Global Offensive
- Goat Simulator Out for iOS and Android Today
- Destiny Has Grossed Over $325 Million in Sales Worldwide
- WoW Character Name Reclamation Coming
- Final Fantasy Type-0 Release Date Leaked
- Sega Talks Alien Isolation 'Survivor' Mode
- Fresh The Evil Within Gameplay Trailer
- Far Cry 4 PAX Prime Arena Trailer
Minecraft has been a gaming sensation for years, even before it was released. Its sales figures continue to astonish, with development studio Mojang now confirming that these figures have risen and will continue to rise thanks to the upcoming releases of PS4, PSVita and Xbox One versions.
Mojang's Patrick Geuder tweeted that Minecraft has surpassed 50 million sales: "Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies."
Markus 'Notch' Persson's game is currently occupies 3rd spot as best-selling video game of all-time. Here's how those numbers breakdown:
- Tetris - 143 million copies.
- Wii Sports - 82 million copies (since 2006)
- Minecraft - 54 million copies
The interesting thing is that incredibly successful triple-A games are much lower than the abovementioned title. GTA V, for instance, sold 34 million, with impending PC, PS4 and Xbox One releases.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP