- MS Confirms Windows 10 for 2015
- Might & Magic Heroes Online Launch Trailer
- Tetris is Getting its Own Movie
- Huge Battlefield 4 Update Rolls Out Today
- Bungie Confirms Destiny Expansion Packs
- REVIEW: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
- Shadow of Mordor Launch Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Character Creation Trailer
- Mornin '14
- Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Spotted
- F.E.A.R. Online Coming to Steam Next Month
- Former Vigil Employees Form Indie Studio Airship Syndicate
- Alien Isolation Trailer Delivers Creepiness
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
- New The Evil Within Gameplay Trailer
- Life is Feudal: Your Own Conquers Steam
- Assassin's Creed Unity Customization And Co-op Trailer
- REVIEW: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- FIFA 15 Reigns in UK
- Creative Director Promises Battlefield: Hardline Will Work at Launch
Minecraft has been a gaming sensation for years, even before it was released. Its sales figures continue to astonish, with development studio Mojang now confirming that these figures have risen and will continue to rise thanks to the upcoming releases of PS4, PSVita and Xbox One versions.
Mojang's Patrick Geuder tweeted that Minecraft has surpassed 50 million sales: "Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies."
Markus 'Notch' Persson's game is currently occupies 3rd spot as best-selling video game of all-time. Here's how those numbers breakdown:
- Tetris - 143 million copies.
- Wii Sports - 82 million copies (since 2006)
- Minecraft - 54 million copies
The interesting thing is that incredibly successful triple-A games are much lower than the abovementioned title. GTA V, for instance, sold 34 million, with impending PC, PS4 and Xbox One releases.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP