- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Minecraft has been a gaming sensation for years, even before it was released. Its sales figures continue to astonish, with development studio Mojang now confirming that these figures have risen and will continue to rise thanks to the upcoming releases of PS4, PSVita and Xbox One versions.
Mojang's Patrick Geuder tweeted that Minecraft has surpassed 50 million sales: "Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies."
Markus 'Notch' Persson's game is currently occupies 3rd spot as best-selling video game of all-time. Here's how those numbers breakdown:
- Tetris - 143 million copies.
- Wii Sports - 82 million copies (since 2006)
- Minecraft - 54 million copies
The interesting thing is that incredibly successful triple-A games are much lower than the abovementioned title. GTA V, for instance, sold 34 million, with impending PC, PS4 and Xbox One releases.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP