- Need for Speed Needs Online Connection
- Lords of the Fallen 2 in 2017
- Overwatch: Symmetra Gameplay Video
- Nvidia Shield Android TV is Out, Reviews Arrive
- FEATURE: Gaming and Parenting, Cuz We Can Manage Both
- Mornin '15
- Xbox Games with Gold for June 2015
- Uncharted 4 Expected to Release Q1 2016
- Women's Soccer Teams Join FIFA 16
- FEATURE: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Could Make or Break the Series for Ubisoft
- Capcom Pulls Ultra Street Fighter IV from Pro Tour
- Official Batman: Arkham Knight Gameplay Trailer
- The Witcher 3 PS4 Patched
- Battlefield Hardline's Criminal Activity Gives You A Nailgun
- MS Preparing New Xbox One Controller in June
- Need for Speed Reboot Release Date Leaked
Minecraft has been a gaming sensation for years, even before it was released. Its sales figures continue to astonish, with development studio Mojang now confirming that these figures have risen and will continue to rise thanks to the upcoming releases of PS4, PSVita and Xbox One versions.
Mojang's Patrick Geuder tweeted that Minecraft has surpassed 50 million sales: "Minecraft console editions together just passed Minecraft for PC/Mac. And across all platforms we've sold almost 54 million copies."
Markus 'Notch' Persson's game is currently occupies 3rd spot as best-selling video game of all-time. Here's how those numbers breakdown:
- Tetris - 143 million copies.
- Wii Sports - 82 million copies (since 2006)
- Minecraft - 54 million copies
The interesting thing is that incredibly successful triple-A games are much lower than the abovementioned title. GTA V, for instance, sold 34 million, with impending PC, PS4 and Xbox One releases.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP