- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
Okay, I presume, you've all seen the previous news post and the kick-ass Battlefield 3 gameplay footage. If you have, then you also have a pretty good idea of what DICE's Frostbite 2 engine is capable of. Apparently EA means to employ the technology for the (oh-so-anticipated-by-us) Mirror's Edge sequel.
"We haven't killed Mirror's Edge, we're actively looking at how to bring it back in the right way," said EA Games Label boss Frank Gibeau to GT.
"We love that franchise, the DICE guys really created something special the first time round and you've got to have a big idea to be able to do the next one and that's what we're working on."
The thought of Mirror's Edge 2 brings a nice smile to my face. A smile and a pinch of hope for gaming. The folks at DICE who were involved with the creation of Mirror's Edge may not have come up with a perfect game, but they sure as hell had the guts to experiment, which is something many developers lack these days - a big set of balls, actually.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP