- REVIEW: Madden NFL 16 Review
- Batman Arkham Knight PC Patch Released, Then Pulled
- Witcher Universe on Sale at GOG.com
- New Mortal Kombat X DLC for 2016
- Mornin '15
- FTC Smacks Down on Machinima for Failure to Disclose Endorsements
- Half of the Million Sellers on Steam are in Early Access
- MS Announces New Xbox One Elite Bundle with Lunar Controller
- REVIEW: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution May Get Backwards Compatibility Treatment for Xbox One
- Hideo Kojima Waves Goodbye to Metal Gear Solid
- Jimmy Kimmel vs. Enraged Gamers
Most of you who got a chance to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 should already know that the game -- SPOILER ALERT ON -- contains a level in which the player controls one of the terrorists and then gets to massacre defenseless civilians in an airport (you know what, wasn't too happy about that segment of the game myself). The game doesn't force you to do this, albeit it's not comforting to sit by and just watch the rest of the terrorists wipe out every civilian in sight. You can just wait for the sequence to end without pulling the trigger once - basically, the game gives you a choice to participate or simply watch the massacre take place -- SPOILER ALERT OFF.
Development studio Infinity Ward supposedly patched the PC edition, completely editing out the level in question. The censored version will hit retailers shortly.
For once, I do support censorship. Putting you into the shoes of a war veteran is one thing, but having you annihilate unarmed opponents, who also happen to be civilians isn't exactly necessary to ensure immersion. Seriously, try playing that part of the game and if you are a sane person, every innocent civilian you kill in the game will make you feel, well, bad... really, really bad provided you are fully immersed into the game, like I was. Ha, the delicious irony of it! The immersion seemed to have worked on me.
I dunno, folks. Maybe they did go a bit overboard with this one.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP