- Lionsgate is Working on Borderlands Movie
- XCOM 2 Delayed to 2016
- We Still Have Keys for Rainbow Six Siege Giveaway!
- Cities: Skylines Gets New Expansion Trailer at PAX
- Double Fine Announces Headlander
- LawBreakers Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Fassbender Suits up for Assassin's Creed Role
- Mornin '15
- R. Mika Added to Street Fighter V Roster
- Yager Appears to Have Massive Layoffs
- This War of Mine: the Little Ones Going to Consoles Next Year
- Total War: Warhammer Will Have Dwarves
- Street Fighter V Worldwide Beta Test Starts Tomorrow
- FEATURE: The Importance of Reading Halo Books
- The Witcher 3 Sold 6 Million Copies
- REVIEW: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Trine 3 Devs Make an Apology Video
Activision is rather happy it seems. Well, it seems that their new Call of Duty game is selling like hot cakes once more so they have every fucking reason to be happy. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has broke the theatrical box office, book and video game sales records for 5-day worldwide sales. The game generated over $775 million, breaking the 650 million record set by Black Ops and the $550 million record set by Modern Warfare 2; that's according to Charttrack and retail customer sell-through information..
"With $775 million of sales of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in its first five days, Call of Duty has become the first entertainment property in history to set five-day launch records for three consecutive years across all forms of entertainment," said Robert Kotick, CEO, Activision Blizzard. "Life-to-date retail sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded $6 billion worldwide, which makes Call of Duty one of the most valuable entertainment properties in the world. We expect continued sales momentum, as reviews and audience enthusiasm suggest that this is the best Call of Duty game that we have ever made. Online play for Modern Warfare 3 is at record levels and we continue to see high online play for both Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which ranked as the #2 and #4 top-played Xbox LIVE games for the week of November 7, according to Major Nelson."
Here's some more interesting data:
According to Microsoft:
- More than 7.0 million multiplayer hours were logged playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 by the end of launch day, November 8, a 19% increase over last year's 5.9 million multiplayer hours logged playing Call of Duty: Black Ops last year's launch day.
- More than 3.3 million unique gamers played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in one day on November 8 up from 2.6 million unique gamers for Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 set a new record for concurrent players on Xbox LIVE with 3.3 million simultaneous users on November 8.
If you'll recall, Activision's shooter Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has surpassed pre-order sales records, outpacing the publisher's previous addition to the popular franchise CoD: Black Ops. The game "drove the largest day-one shipments in Activision's history and in the industry's history." Also, Activision Blizzard announced last week that Modern Warfare 3 reached an impressive $400 million in sales and shifted over 6.5 million units in the US and UK during in the first 24h.
In addition, the game has also climbed atop the UK weekly sales charts.
You can read our review of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 right here.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP