- Terminal Reality Closed
- Fable Anniversary Has a Release Date
- Cliff Bleszinski Wants to Make a 'Proper' PC Arena Shooter
- GTA: San Andreas Now Available for iOS
- Supposedly Leaked Fallout 4 Documentation Suggests a Boston Setting
- GOG.com Kicks Off Winter Sale with Free Fallout
- Mornin '13
- Steam Machine Prototypes Shipping December 13th
- The Elder Scrolls Online has a Release Date
- Terraria Releasing This Month for Vita
- Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns Collector's Edition
- Borderlands 2 Christmas-Themed DLC
- Pillars of Eternity First Gameplay Shown
Man, so many things to do in The Witcher, don't even know where to begin. In addition to the awesome gameplay mechanics, filled to the brim with delightful RPG facets, it also has some beautifully crafted environments, a lot of characters and a huge number of quests. The folks at CD Projekt also appear to show an exceptional knack for story-telling, making each deed in the game truly rewarding. Once you complete a quest, meet a few characters and explore the area, you'll see occasional narrative sequences that explain what the Witcher has done so far. The narrative is accompanied by lovely artwork, which makes the story, characters and the setting even more compelling.
To cut a long story short, I haven't immersed myself this much in a game setting since Dragon Age: Origins and the really sad thing is that it's not a new game - The Witcher was released almost four years ago and it's way better than a majority of single-player games on the current market. In fact, I was just going through our 'Reviews' section and couldn't find any releases in 2011 and 2010 that I'd still recommend over The Witcher (possibly Portal 2 and Red Dead Redemption, but those are just different experiences). Of course, this might have a little something to do with the fact that the gaming world hasn't seen a good RPG in ages, but that's another story.
The best way to kill time before The Witcher 2 arrives is to play The Witcher: The Enhanced Edition.
I'm a happy man again.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP