- Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Gamescom Trailer
- Crackdown 3 Gamescom 2015 Trailer
- Surprise! Halo Wars 2 Announced at Gamescom
- Just Cause 3 Gamescom Trailer Burns it All Down
- Scalebound Gamescom Trailer
- Quantum Break Release Date Announced at Gamescom
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Descent Trailer
- Mad Max Stronghold Screens & Trailer
- Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
- MGS 5 PC Arriving A Bit Earlier
- REVIEW: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember
- Mornin '15
- Rock Band 4 'On-Disc' Set-List Revealed
- Fallout 4 Reportedly Has Over 400 Hours of Content
- Raw Fury Presents Gameplay Trailer for Indie Game Kingdom
- Final Fantasy XII Remake is Not Happening (Supposedly)
- Rocket League Holds as Top Seller on Steam
- The Spanish Ninja Returns to Street Fighter V
- Buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Get the Entire Gears Collection
- Lego Jurassic World Tops UK Sales Chart
- Konami Reportedly Mistreats Staff
Likable and interesting characters - that's what's really important for a good game (and a good movie for that matter) and yet we see so little of those lately.
Think back to the last game you played where the characters were interesting enough to make you actually care about what's going to happen to them.
When I think about it, there are a few games on the list, but few of them were released in 2012. The Walking Dead, understandably, comes to mind first since it was released only a few months ago and it's really one of the most memorable adventure games I've played.
You'd think that games like Dishonored and Diablo 3 would offer more in that department, but they really don't. The truth is that they leave a lot to be desired.
Still, remember games like Dragon Age: Origins and Knights of the Old Republic where the developers clearly put a lot of thought into how the characters should be allowed to shape during a playthrough.
Characterization has become one of the key ingredients to a worthwhile gaming experience. That, of course, and a well-written storyline.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP