- Blizzard to Announce New WoW Expansion at Gamescom
- Nintendo Attributes Latest Profits to Amiibo and Splatoon Sales
- Early Access Game SpeedRunners Now an eSport
- The Following Expansion Announced for Dying Light
- LEGO Dimensions Story Trailer
- Razer Agrees to Honor Ouya's Free the Games Program
- No Man's Sky Could Get Oculus Rift and Morpheus Support
- OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood Coming to PC
- Diablo III Kanai’s Cube is Coming
- Mornin '15
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Heading to PC
- Indie Devs Lose Most in Ouya Buyout
- Square Enix Says Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusivity Wasn't Easy
- Bethesda Literally Cannot Make More Pip Boy CEs
- Street Fighter V Beta Still Doesn't Work
- FEATURE: Transformers Devastation
- Mafia 3 Officially Confirmed
Likable and interesting characters - that's what's really important for a good game (and a good movie for that matter) and yet we see so little of those lately.
Think back to the last game you played where the characters were interesting enough to make you actually care about what's going to happen to them.
When I think about it, there are a few games on the list, but few of them were released in 2012. The Walking Dead, understandably, comes to mind first since it was released only a few months ago and it's really one of the most memorable adventure games I've played.
You'd think that games like Dishonored and Diablo 3 would offer more in that department, but they really don't. The truth is that they leave a lot to be desired.
Still, remember games like Dragon Age: Origins and Knights of the Old Republic where the developers clearly put a lot of thought into how the characters should be allowed to shape during a playthrough.
Characterization has become one of the key ingredients to a worthwhile gaming experience. That, of course, and a well-written storyline.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Before playing a game do you:
|Wait for reviews, then buy. ||25.29%|
|All of the above. ||22.57%|
|None of the above. ||21.60%|
|Watch footage on YouTube, then buy. ||20.62%|
|Pirate the game first, then buy it if it's good. ||4.28%|
|Just play the pirated version. ||3.31%|
|Wait for your friends to play it, then buy. ||2.33%|