- Five Nights at Freddy's World is Back and Free
- PC Gaming Show Will Return to E3 2016
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Chaos Trailer
- Ubisoft Confirms Watch Dogs 2 to Release before April 2017
- Hitman Beta Starts Today
- FEATURE: 40 of the Worst Video Game Box Art
- XCOM 2 - Almost 70 Million Aliens Killed by Players
- ActionTrip Gameplay Videos: From Russia With Creed
- Need for Speed Dated for PC
- Mornin '16
- Destiny 2 in 2017, One More Expansion for Destiny This Year
- Firaxis Looking Into Performance Issues for XCOM 2
- Total War: Warhammer Empire Campaign Walkthrough
- Ubisoft Confirms No Assassin's Creed Game in 2016
- Blade & Soul Now Has 2 Million Players
- Quantum Break Live Action Trailer
- Quantum Break Preorder Bonuses, Xbox One Bundle, and Oh Yeah, PC Version
- Titanfall 2 Arriving in 2 Years Time
Likable and interesting characters - that's what's really important for a good game (and a good movie for that matter) and yet we see so little of those lately.
Think back to the last game you played where the characters were interesting enough to make you actually care about what's going to happen to them.
When I think about it, there are a few games on the list, but few of them were released in 2012. The Walking Dead, understandably, comes to mind first since it was released only a few months ago and it's really one of the most memorable adventure games I've played.
You'd think that games like Dishonored and Diablo 3 would offer more in that department, but they really don't. The truth is that they leave a lot to be desired.
Still, remember games like Dragon Age: Origins and Knights of the Old Republic where the developers clearly put a lot of thought into how the characters should be allowed to shape during a playthrough.
Characterization has become one of the key ingredients to a worthwhile gaming experience. That, of course, and a well-written storyline.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Most anticipated games of 2016 - People's Choice:
|Mass Effect Andromeda||12.73%|
|Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End||7.36%|
|Deus Ex: Mankind Divided||5.74%|
|No Man’s Sky||5.67%|
|Dark Souls 3||4.19%|
|Mirror’s Edge Catalyst||3.83%|
|Tom Clancy’s The Division||3.75%|
|Horizon: Zero Dawn||3.38%|
|The Last Guardian||2.87%|
|Final Fantasy XV||1.91%|
|Gears of War 4||1.32%|
|Street Fighter V||0.96%|