- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
You guys ever get a chance to watch Moneyball? That's a pretty damn good movie. Yes, it's the one where Bobby Kotick has a small cameo role. Regardless of Kotick, this is one of those movies you genuinely refuse to watch because it's about something that doesn't really interest you - baseball. Well, I'm speaking for myself here and I really do know very little about baseball in real life. However, you can know fuck all about baseball and still enjoy the hell out of this movie. It's a great story, taking a more analytical approach and a rather fascinating twist on the traditional game. The book of the same name tells the tale of Oakland Athletics baseball team and its GM Billy Beane.
Unlike most of the current Hollywood crappiness, this film opens our eyes and embraces a new philosophy, enouraging different views, the views of young minds while discarding the traditions of an overblown money-propelled sport that undervalues players for a number of biased reasons. An idea that basically almost changed the entire game based on mathematics and simple logic.
And, for the record, no; I still haven't watched Withnail & I. But if you guys promise to watch this movie, I vow to watch that one.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP