- Lionsgate is Working on Borderlands Movie
- XCOM 2 Delayed to 2016
- We Still Have Keys for Rainbow Six Siege Giveaway!
- Cities: Skylines Gets New Expansion Trailer at PAX
- Double Fine Announces Headlander
- LawBreakers Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Fassbender Suits up for Assassin's Creed Role
- Mornin '15
- R. Mika Added to Street Fighter V Roster
- Yager Appears to Have Massive Layoffs
- This War of Mine: the Little Ones Going to Consoles Next Year
- Total War: Warhammer Will Have Dwarves
- Street Fighter V Worldwide Beta Test Starts Tomorrow
- FEATURE: The Importance of Reading Halo Books
- The Witcher 3 Sold 6 Million Copies
- REVIEW: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Trine 3 Devs Make an Apology Video
Wow, it's fascinating how a lot of people thought this week's AT comic was good and yet I didn't like it one bit. It's just not what I pictured initially. It's amazing how sometimes it's damn-near impossible to convey your own sentiments and thoughts, no matter how hard you try to explain it to people. I don't necessarily blame the artist on this one, but rather my own inability to express what it was I wanted to say.
I never told you guys this, but one of the biggest issues I have when creating comics for ActionTrip is the fact that our artist and myself have a completely different sense of humor, and different sensibility. That can be a bummer when you have to work together creatively. It's not that we don't get along. Okay, let me put it to you this way. Hypothetically, if 2lions wrote the comics and I was the comic artists, I think it's safe to say that our comics would be a lot more interesting simply because 2lions and I laugh at the same things and generally have a similar stance towards art, music, movies, books and such. With me so far? Please bear in mind that I'm not complaining, nor am I blaming the artist if our comics turn out to be crap or average. I'm simply saying that we don't have that kind of a working relationship where an idea forms and then it just bounces back and forth until we have a solid concept for a comic. That only happens between people with similar sensibilities. So, since September 2008, all the comics emerged out of my imagination. Just thought I'd remind you.
Over the years, we've really had some amazingly crappy comics, and I take sole responsibility for those. Still, no matter how they turn out I hope you guys have enjoyed some of them, because, in the end, I have to admit, I really love the feeling of making a good comic and I enjoy seeing people laugh even more.
Cheers, and thanks for sticking with us all these years,
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP