- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Last week's Nintendo Direct conference was pretty 3DS heavy, but Nintendo announced a few Wii U and Virtual Console bits of news as well, including the fact that they will bring EarthBound to the Virtual Console. Earthbound is actually #2 in a Japan-only trilogy known as Mother, and of course die-hard fans here in the US are begging for Nintendo to also release the third game, Mother 3, which was released on the GameBoy Advance.
One fan, Clyde Mandelin, wants to bring Mother 3 to the Virtual Console so badly, he's offered free translation work to Nintendo on the Mother 3 translation blog:
I realize that localizing a game this size can cost a lot, so if it'll help in even the slightest, I'll gladly offer to let Nintendo use my text translation files for any use at all, completely for free. I'll even edit the files to fit whatever new standards are necessary (content, formatting, memory size, etc.), completely for free. I'll even retranslate everything from scratch if need be. Just whatever it takes to get an official release out.
In the end, if localizing Mother 3 should ever come up in a Nintendo business meeting or whatever and someone brings up budget concerns or it costing too much, my hope is that someone will at least mention this offer too, even if it isn't accepted.
I'm sure he's not the first person to ever offer Nintendo free translation work on a game they want localized, so while it's doubtful Nintendo will ever take him up on his offer, that's pretty awesome he would offer so much of his time for this game.
I missed the EarthBound craze, as I never owned a SNES in my young gaming days. Are you excited about EarthBound's entry into the Virtual Console? Soon you can play it legally!
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
|PC, Bungie, you assholes!||37.94%|
|No, please. ||34.01%|