- COMIC: Geralt's Real-Time Beardness
- Mornin '15
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U Has Been Pushed Out of 2015
- Disney Sets Battlefront in Official Star Wars Timeline
- Hotfix Coming for Bloodborne Progession Bug
- PSN Discount Code Good All Weekend
- New Screenshots from Grand Theft Auto 5 PC
- Lords of the Fallen Developer Offers Kojima a Job
- Keri & Vader Podcasting With SGR
- REVIEW: Pillars of Eternity
CVG has the word about Microsoft's next technology that's supposedly being developed for the next Xbox console. This new gaming tech denotes a breakthrough device, currently referred to as the "environmental display," which was designed to project 360-degree game worlds across all four walls of a room utilizing advanced projection tech.
Reportedly, there's also a 3D depth camera that "can calculate the player's position by emitting infrared light patterns and registering where the player is blocking the signal." It's something that's described as very similar to the Microsoft's Kinect technology.
You can see more about the technology, complete with patent images that show a bit about how the device should work.
This could potentially unravel the power of revolutionary technology that may skyrocket us into proper next-generation gaming. On the other hand, it could open up a whole new world of 3D casual crap. I can see the exclusive titles lining up even now:
- B&R 2 - 'Beat And Rape' your Xbox avatars in the privacy of your own living room 2
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Surround yourself by life-sized bouncing boobies and grope away.
Can't think of other specific ones at the moment, but I'm sure they'll spring to mind soon enough.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP