- Respawn Shows off Map for Titanfall Expedition DLC
- CoD Gamer Loses Scares, Reports Opposing Players to Police & SWAT
- Ambitious Writer Goes to Kickstarter for Novel on History of EVE Online
- Free-to-Play Soulcalibur Game Currently Unplayable
- Watch Dogs 9 Minute MP Gameplay Trailer
- Mornin '14
- 2D Prince of Persia Plot Thickens
- Lords of the Fallen Dev Says It's Harder to Have 1080p Resolution on Xbox One than PS4
- Fans Could Bring About SNES Remix and GBA Remix
- REVIEW: The Elder Scrolls Online
- GRID: Autosport Official
CVG has the word about Microsoft's next technology that's supposedly being developed for the next Xbox console. This new gaming tech denotes a breakthrough device, currently referred to as the "environmental display," which was designed to project 360-degree game worlds across all four walls of a room utilizing advanced projection tech.
Reportedly, there's also a 3D depth camera that "can calculate the player's position by emitting infrared light patterns and registering where the player is blocking the signal." It's something that's described as very similar to the Microsoft's Kinect technology.
You can see more about the technology, complete with patent images that show a bit about how the device should work.
This could potentially unravel the power of revolutionary technology that may skyrocket us into proper next-generation gaming. On the other hand, it could open up a whole new world of 3D casual crap. I can see the exclusive titles lining up even now:
- B&R 2 - 'Beat And Rape' your Xbox avatars in the privacy of your own living room 2
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2 - Surround yourself by life-sized bouncing boobies and grope away.
Can't think of other specific ones at the moment, but I'm sure they'll spring to mind soon enough.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP