- Transformers Devastation Launch Trailer
- Far Cry Primal Announced
- REVIEW: FIFA 16
- Destiny Is Getting Microtransactions
- Star Wars Battlefront PC Requirements
- No Man's Sky on The Late Show
- Mornin '15
- James Franco is in Another Trailer, Guitar Hero Live
- REVIEW: Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power
- CS: Global Offensive Still Top Seller on Steam
- Halo 5 The Hunt is On Trailer
- New Details for The Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC
- REVIEW: LEGO Dimensions
- Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Finally Has Release Date
- Star Citizen Creator Taking Legal Action Against The Escapist
Indie game worshipers, gather, because there's this little thing called 'Overland' and they are describing it as a turn-based survival game or rather “868-HACK meets XCOM meets Oregon Trailer meets Left 4 Dead meets Roadside Picnic."
Also, it's not a zombie game.
"It is intended to be scary or unsettling or lonely, but I don't think it will be compared to Resident Evil or Amnesia," creator Adam Saltsman said to Joystiq. "The thing I'm most interested in right now is, what if the people in a roguelike-type scenario weren't heroes and could not become heroes ... how do they manage? I like that feeling of vulnerability more than the feeling of 'horror' exactly. As a team we're definitely investigating things that are lonely and vulnerable and beautiful more than 'scary' so far, I think."
Thanks, cute editor at Joystiq.
I really shouldn't have said that... I see a wave of problems coming after that statement.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, so, yeah, a lot of promising indie games out there and this appears to be one of 'em.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP