- New Destiny Patch Improves Legendary Drops
- Zen Studios Announces South Park Pinball
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth 10 Minutes of Gameplay
- Fresh Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Screens
- Star Citizen Smashes Crowdfunding Record, Now on $55M
- Watch Dogs 2 to Get More Emergent Stories
- Concept Art for Uncharted 4 Surfaces
- Sunset Overdrive Shots Are Pretty Colorful as Expected
- Mornin '14
- MS Confirms Windows 10 for 2015
- Might & Magic Heroes Online Launch Trailer
- Tetris is Getting its Own Movie
- Huge Battlefield 4 Update Rolls Out Today
- Bungie Confirms Destiny Expansion Packs
- REVIEW: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
- Shadow of Mordor Launch Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Character Creation Trailer
Indie game worshipers, gather, because there's this little thing called 'Overland' and they are describing it as a turn-based survival game or rather “868-HACK meets XCOM meets Oregon Trailer meets Left 4 Dead meets Roadside Picnic."
Also, it's not a zombie game.
"It is intended to be scary or unsettling or lonely, but I don't think it will be compared to Resident Evil or Amnesia," creator Adam Saltsman said to Joystiq. "The thing I'm most interested in right now is, what if the people in a roguelike-type scenario weren't heroes and could not become heroes ... how do they manage? I like that feeling of vulnerability more than the feeling of 'horror' exactly. As a team we're definitely investigating things that are lonely and vulnerable and beautiful more than 'scary' so far, I think."
Thanks, cute editor at Joystiq.
I really shouldn't have said that... I see a wave of problems coming after that statement.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, so, yeah, a lot of promising indie games out there and this appears to be one of 'em.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP