- Voting Poll: Cheaper Games
- Call of Duty: DLC, DLC... DLC?
- FIFA 15 Agility and Control Trailer
- Mornin '14
- New BioWare Teaser Emerges
- Rayman Creator Forms New Studio
- PlayStation Sales Improve Sony's Financial Results
- Gearbox Ask Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit to be Dropped
- Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 Pre-order via Steam
- F1 2014 Announced, Trailer & Screens Released
- Shadow of Mordor The Wraith Trailer
- Square Enix Reveals Gamescom Line-up, No Deus Ex
Indie game worshipers, gather, because there's this little thing called 'Overland' and they are describing it as a turn-based survival game or rather “868-HACK meets XCOM meets Oregon Trailer meets Left 4 Dead meets Roadside Picnic."
Also, it's not a zombie game.
"It is intended to be scary or unsettling or lonely, but I don't think it will be compared to Resident Evil or Amnesia," creator Adam Saltsman said to Joystiq. "The thing I'm most interested in right now is, what if the people in a roguelike-type scenario weren't heroes and could not become heroes ... how do they manage? I like that feeling of vulnerability more than the feeling of 'horror' exactly. As a team we're definitely investigating things that are lonely and vulnerable and beautiful more than 'scary' so far, I think."
Thanks, cute editor at Joystiq.
I really shouldn't have said that... I see a wave of problems coming after that statement.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, so, yeah, a lot of promising indie games out there and this appears to be one of 'em.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP