- Battlefield Hardline UK Wins Over Folk in UK
- Rainbow Six Siege Gameplay Trailer
- Dragon Age Inquisition DLC Goes to Other Platforms in May
- Project Cars Will Have Free Car DLC Every Month
- Mortal Kombat X Producer Leaves Twitter Due to Threats Against His Family
- Pillars of Eternity All Over Steam
- Halo 5 Release Date Announced
- Mornin '15
- COMIC: Geralt's Real-Time Beardness
Indie game worshipers, gather, because there's this little thing called 'Overland' and they are describing it as a turn-based survival game or rather “868-HACK meets XCOM meets Oregon Trailer meets Left 4 Dead meets Roadside Picnic."
Also, it's not a zombie game.
"It is intended to be scary or unsettling or lonely, but I don't think it will be compared to Resident Evil or Amnesia," creator Adam Saltsman said to Joystiq. "The thing I'm most interested in right now is, what if the people in a roguelike-type scenario weren't heroes and could not become heroes ... how do they manage? I like that feeling of vulnerability more than the feeling of 'horror' exactly. As a team we're definitely investigating things that are lonely and vulnerable and beautiful more than 'scary' so far, I think."
Thanks, cute editor at Joystiq.
I really shouldn't have said that... I see a wave of problems coming after that statement.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, so, yeah, a lot of promising indie games out there and this appears to be one of 'em.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP