- Ubisoft Sale at the PlayStation Store
- Mornin '15
- The Witcher 3 PC Gets New Patch
- Square Enix Announces Active Time Reports for Final Fantasy XV
- Until Dawn Launch Date Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Releases June 9th for the New Generation of Consoles
- Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
- Another Team of Former BioShock Devs Go to Kickstarter for Horror Game
- Adventures of Pip Releases June 4th for PC
- Project CARS May Be a Big Never for the Wii U
- Resident Evil Zero Remastered Coming
- The Witcher 3 Tops UK Sales, But Farms Are Cool Too
Well, not quite yet. Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat commented on the state of the company's Prince of Persia franchise, after a post on their forums, which revealed a mysterious screenshot, supposedly taken from the new PoP game.
“Brand management is a tricky thing,” Mallat explains. “It needs people's attention a lot. I think it is fair to say that, right now, Prince of Persia is being paused. But we said the same thing for some other brands that suddenly popped up because a team is willing to do it.” Mallat added that fans shouldn’t be concerned, and that Prince of Persia will resurface when it’s ready.
“I'm not scared at all for Prince of Persia fans,” he commented. “We'll find something to entertain them with in the future. Prince of Persia is part of Ubisoft's portfolio. As a matter of fact, we sometimes iterate on franchises and sometimes we give them time to breathe and time to grow, or time to rest. Prince of Persia is as important as any other franchise for Ubisoft. As soon as we have something to show, we will.”
As it has already been pointed out, the new character seems a bit more muscley than the usual hero, which is fine really. Or is it? The Prince was always a bit slim.
The last PoP game, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, wasn't exactly the pinnacle of the franchise, although it had some nice moments with some traditional platform-style puzzles.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP