- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Well, not quite yet. Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat commented on the state of the company's Prince of Persia franchise, after a post on their forums, which revealed a mysterious screenshot, supposedly taken from the new PoP game.
“Brand management is a tricky thing,” Mallat explains. “It needs people's attention a lot. I think it is fair to say that, right now, Prince of Persia is being paused. But we said the same thing for some other brands that suddenly popped up because a team is willing to do it.” Mallat added that fans shouldn’t be concerned, and that Prince of Persia will resurface when it’s ready.
“I'm not scared at all for Prince of Persia fans,” he commented. “We'll find something to entertain them with in the future. Prince of Persia is part of Ubisoft's portfolio. As a matter of fact, we sometimes iterate on franchises and sometimes we give them time to breathe and time to grow, or time to rest. Prince of Persia is as important as any other franchise for Ubisoft. As soon as we have something to show, we will.”
As it has already been pointed out, the new character seems a bit more muscley than the usual hero, which is fine really. Or is it? The Prince was always a bit slim.
The last PoP game, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, wasn't exactly the pinnacle of the franchise, although it had some nice moments with some traditional platform-style puzzles.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
|PC, Bungie, you assholes!||37.91%|
|No, please. ||34.02%|