- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Gameplay Trailer is Sexy As Hell
- Mornin '15
- Homefront: The Revolution Gamescom Trailer
- Destiny Goes from Dinklage to Dinkless
- Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Gamescom Trailer
- Crackdown 3 Gamescom 2015 Trailer
- Surprise! Halo Wars 2 Announced at Gamescom
- Just Cause 3 Gamescom Trailer Burns it All Down
- Scalebound Gamescom Trailer
- Quantum Break Release Date Announced at Gamescom
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Exo Zombies Descent Trailer
- Mad Max Stronghold Screens & Trailer
- Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
- MGS 5 PC Arriving A Bit Earlier
- REVIEW: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember
Well, not quite yet. Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat commented on the state of the company's Prince of Persia franchise, after a post on their forums, which revealed a mysterious screenshot, supposedly taken from the new PoP game.
“Brand management is a tricky thing,” Mallat explains. “It needs people's attention a lot. I think it is fair to say that, right now, Prince of Persia is being paused. But we said the same thing for some other brands that suddenly popped up because a team is willing to do it.” Mallat added that fans shouldn’t be concerned, and that Prince of Persia will resurface when it’s ready.
“I'm not scared at all for Prince of Persia fans,” he commented. “We'll find something to entertain them with in the future. Prince of Persia is part of Ubisoft's portfolio. As a matter of fact, we sometimes iterate on franchises and sometimes we give them time to breathe and time to grow, or time to rest. Prince of Persia is as important as any other franchise for Ubisoft. As soon as we have something to show, we will.”
As it has already been pointed out, the new character seems a bit more muscley than the usual hero, which is fine really. Or is it? The Prince was always a bit slim.
The last PoP game, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, wasn't exactly the pinnacle of the franchise, although it had some nice moments with some traditional platform-style puzzles.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP
Before playing a game do you:
|Wait for reviews, then buy. ||24.41%|
|Watch footage on YouTube, then buy. ||21.60%|
|All of the above. ||21.60%|
|None of the above. ||21.41%|
|Pirate the game first, then buy it if it's good. ||4.60%|
|Just play the pirated version. ||3.94%|
|Wait for your friends to play it, then buy. ||2.44%|