- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
Development team Vostok Games is working on a game called Survarium. But I'm sure most of you already know that. Recently, a completely separate project showed up on Kickstarter, called Areal, which was described as a "definitive spiritual successor to the cult hit S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series."
Here's a bit more about the game (read more):
Areal's story is not linear – players can choose how their characters act and speak – everything from how you talk to who you kill changes the storyline of Areal. There is no morality system in Areal, so you are free to make choices that you think are best in any given situation, without being blinded and limited by a standard good/evil system. Ultimately, Areal is the culmination of everything that we want to see from a post apocalyptic game, and it's something that we can realize with full creative freedom because of the unique platform that is Kickstarter. All we need is your support!
It appears that these are two different teams both with former team members from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s GSC Game World. The scattered devs have clearly started working on different projects. Also, there was a thread on the Survarium forums which contained threats of legal action, but these have been removed since.
By the look of it, a lot of the assets, art and weapons seem rather similar to what we've seen in games like STALKER, as well as the upcoming Survarium and Areal.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP