- FEATURE: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel OST Review
- Halo: Nightfall Trailer
- RUMOR: GTA San Andreas Going to Xbox 360
- Gamelock Introduces Guaranteed Resell Prices for Games
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare A New Era of MP Trailer
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Arrives Next Week
- Judge Rules That EA's Confidence in BF4 Launch is Not Securities Fraud
- Mornin '14
- Developer Who Threatened Gabe Newell Resigns
- Sunset Overdrive Awesomepocalypse Trailer
- Dragon Age: Inquisition Followers Trailer
- Shadow of Mordor Free DLC Lets You Play as the Enemy
- Ubisoft Details Far Cry 4 Season Pass
- Research Finds Portal 2 Better for Brain than 'Brain Training'
- REVIEW: Alien: Isolation
- Hatred is About Hating the Hate Caused By Other Haters to Hate the Hate
Development team Vostok Games is working on a game called Survarium. But I'm sure most of you already know that. Recently, a completely separate project showed up on Kickstarter, called Areal, which was described as a "definitive spiritual successor to the cult hit S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series."
Here's a bit more about the game (read more):
Areal's story is not linear – players can choose how their characters act and speak – everything from how you talk to who you kill changes the storyline of Areal. There is no morality system in Areal, so you are free to make choices that you think are best in any given situation, without being blinded and limited by a standard good/evil system. Ultimately, Areal is the culmination of everything that we want to see from a post apocalyptic game, and it's something that we can realize with full creative freedom because of the unique platform that is Kickstarter. All we need is your support!
It appears that these are two different teams both with former team members from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s GSC Game World. The scattered devs have clearly started working on different projects. Also, there was a thread on the Survarium forums which contained threats of legal action, but these have been removed since.
By the look of it, a lot of the assets, art and weapons seem rather similar to what we've seen in games like STALKER, as well as the upcoming Survarium and Areal.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP