- COMIC: The Winning Team
- Mornin '16
- Ready at Dawn Will Reportedly Announce New Game Next Week
- FEATURE: Filling the Void: Video Game-based Board Game Trend
- Total War: Warhammer Breaks Series Sales Records
- Dragon Quest Builders Crossing the Pacific This October
- REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
- Elite: Dangerous Horizons Engineers Expansion is Out Today
- The Last Guardian Releases in 2016
Dan Adelman, the lone man responsible for enticing indie developers to create for Nintendo, has left Nintendo of America after disputes about his interactions on Twitter.
He told Gamasutra that NOA told him to stop using Twitter after he talked with a few Nintendo fans about region-locking. He apparently respectfully disagreed, as he tweeted the following this morning:
Happy to announce I reached an arrangement w/ @NintendoAmerica whereby I can tweet again. Arrangement includes my not working there anymore.— Dan Adelman (@Dan_Adelman) August 4, 2014
He explained a bit further what happened to Kotaku:
I had been strongly encouraged to stay off of Twitter - or at least say only things that were clearly safe - so after the region locking comment they just said I needed to stop completely. When people started complaining that I wasn't active on Twitter anymore, it was suggested that a PR person could just post in my name. I thought that was about the worst idea I'd ever heard, so I left it as is and let the silence speak for itself.
He has said that he wants to continue to help indie developers publish their games, but now it will be for any platform they want.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP