- Evolve Big Alpha On PS4 and PC Today
- Nordic Games Acquires de Blob IP from THQ
- FEATURE: Fantasia: Music Evolved OST Review
- Playable The Evil Within PC Demo
- Denis Dyack Creates Third Studio for Shadow of the Eternals
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Ships
- P.T. Free on PlayStation Store
- Bethesda Officially Cancels Prey 2
- Halloween Steam Sale is On!
- Mornin '14
- The Dragon Age Keep is Open
- November's Games with Gold
- Assassin's Creed Unity Time Anomalies Trailer
- Randal's Monday Voice Actor Trailer
- Blizzard Believes World of Warcraft Will be Around in 2024
- REVIEW: The Evil Within
- First Shadow of Mordor DLC Info Revealed
- Zoe Quinn Calls for Gaming Companies to Speak Out Against GamerGate
- Assassin's Creed Unity Trailer Features Celeb Co-op
Is there more to the Wii U than meets the eye?
Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, came to the defense of the Wii U after being asked during an investor Q&A why projection of the console's performance is low. He made it clear that while some developers are sharing disappointment, others have been not only been satisfied but impressed, and he suspects that moving forward those who invest time into the system will have great results.
However, he didn't deny that it's up to Nintendo to "solve the misunderstanding" of the hardware, citing consumer impressions as largely negative so far. But with several key titles in development, such as a new Mario platformer and Mario Kart, he has confidence that the message will be conveyed before year's end.
As much as it's reasonable to expect Nintendo to release visually pleasant first-party games, the PS4's hardware is so far beyond it that it's really going to come down to how much consumer's value graphics. Graphics haven't been a deciding factor in the past with less powerful consoles typically selling better (i.e. PS2 and Wii). If Nintendo can manage to get the Wii U's price point to half as much as its competitors, which is a likely scenario, the hardware might be more of a blessing than a curse in today's climate.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP