- Large Dragon Age Inquisition Patch Coming
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Releases This September
- Slow Your Roll; There is No Valve Press Conference at 3p.m.
- Battlefield Hardline Premium Membership Program
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS4 Officially Announced
- Fallout 4 @ E3 2015?
- Mornin '15
- Bombshell Reveal Trailer
- Skyrim Mods No Longer Have a File Size Limit
- Unreal Engine 4 Free for Everyone
- Dying Light Champion in UK
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Card Game
- HTC Announces Their Own VR Headset
- Metal Gear Solid 5 Countdown Clock Appears
- World Asking for Half-Life 3, Again
- Trine 3 Announced, Trailer Released
Bungie has confirmed that there will be no cross-platform action for Destiny. In an interview with Digital Trends, engineer Roger Wolfson explained that they couldn't implement this feature because the game is also cross-generation.
I’ll speak for the hypothetical player. I have a disadvantage sniping across the map because [my opponent with a current gen console] is only two pixels on my screen and I’m four pixels on his. You see that in the world of PC gaming, where people are always racing to the best video card to give themselves the advantage.
Regardless of where the reality is, there’s definitely a perception among gamers that better hardware means you have an advantage. We don’t want to have to enter that fray, so to create the best, most level playing field, both actually and perceptually, we separated it by platform.
Wolfson did note that Destiny on the last generation of consoles holds up well, that sometimes even he forgets which version he's playing on when he tests the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 4 editions.
The Destiny beta started yesterday, July 17th. Those who preorder now can still get access to a Beta code if you didn't win a free one from us.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP