- The Witcher 3 PC Gets New Patch
- Square Enix Announces Active Time Reports for Final Fantasy XV
- Until Dawn Launch Date Trailer
- The Elder Scrolls Online Releases June 9th for the New Generation of Consoles
- Mad Max Savage Road Trailer
- Another Team of Former BioShock Devs Go to Kickstarter for Horror Game
- Adventures of Pip Releases June 4th for PC
- Project CARS May Be a Big Never for the Wii U
- Resident Evil Zero Remastered Coming
- The Witcher 3 Tops UK Sales, But Farms Are Cool Too
- Mornin '15
- Hatred Closes Preorders
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III Out Now
- Star Wars Battlefront Not A Sequel, But A Reboot
- The Witcher 3 Most Wanted on Steam
- F1 2015 Screens
Bungie has confirmed that there will be no cross-platform action for Destiny. In an interview with Digital Trends, engineer Roger Wolfson explained that they couldn't implement this feature because the game is also cross-generation.
I’ll speak for the hypothetical player. I have a disadvantage sniping across the map because [my opponent with a current gen console] is only two pixels on my screen and I’m four pixels on his. You see that in the world of PC gaming, where people are always racing to the best video card to give themselves the advantage.
Regardless of where the reality is, there’s definitely a perception among gamers that better hardware means you have an advantage. We don’t want to have to enter that fray, so to create the best, most level playing field, both actually and perceptually, we separated it by platform.
Wolfson did note that Destiny on the last generation of consoles holds up well, that sometimes even he forgets which version he's playing on when he tests the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 4 editions.
The Destiny beta started yesterday, July 17th. Those who preorder now can still get access to a Beta code if you didn't win a free one from us.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP