- Blizzard Bans StarCraft 2 Cheaters
- Pixels: Turns Out to be A Shame, As Predicted
- Mornin '15
- Blizzard to Announce New WoW Expansion at Gamescom
- Nintendo Attributes Latest Profits to Amiibo and Splatoon Sales
- Early Access Game SpeedRunners Now an eSport
- The Following Expansion Announced for Dying Light
- LEGO Dimensions Story Trailer
- Razer Agrees to Honor Ouya's Free the Games Program
- No Man's Sky Could Get Oculus Rift and Morpheus Support
- OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood Coming to PC
- Diablo III Kanai’s Cube is Coming
Bungie has confirmed that there will be no cross-platform action for Destiny. In an interview with Digital Trends, engineer Roger Wolfson explained that they couldn't implement this feature because the game is also cross-generation.
I’ll speak for the hypothetical player. I have a disadvantage sniping across the map because [my opponent with a current gen console] is only two pixels on my screen and I’m four pixels on his. You see that in the world of PC gaming, where people are always racing to the best video card to give themselves the advantage.
Regardless of where the reality is, there’s definitely a perception among gamers that better hardware means you have an advantage. We don’t want to have to enter that fray, so to create the best, most level playing field, both actually and perceptually, we separated it by platform.
Wolfson did note that Destiny on the last generation of consoles holds up well, that sometimes even he forgets which version he's playing on when he tests the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 4 editions.
The Destiny beta started yesterday, July 17th. Those who preorder now can still get access to a Beta code if you didn't win a free one from us.
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP