- Rock Band 4 Officially to PS4 and Xbox One
- Magicka 2 in May
- Mornin '15
- PS4 Getting Wasteland 2 Game of the Year Edition
- EA Closes Down Maxis
- Elite Dangerous Heading to Xbox One
- Nvidia Announces New Gaming Console at GDC
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
- Unity 5 GDC Trailer Shows Potential
- The Witcher 3 GDC Gameplay Footage
- Over 20 Million PlayStation 4 Consoles Sold Worldwide
- Valve Announces Source 2 And More
Dead Space 3 wasn't met by a favorable response from either the critics or fans. In addition, the third installment in the horror themed 3rd-person shooter series simply didn't sell as good as the publisher predicted.
Although pre-production of Dead Space 4 was underway over at Visceral Montreal, it seems that the project has come down to a halt. The scoop comes from VG.
It appears that EA execs visited "Visceral Montreal to inform staff that the project had been terminated and announce details of the company's restructuring."
No surprises there. Choosing to focus the series on action wasn't the right choice in my opinion and clearly many gamers agree that going for the more generic route isn't wasn't what the series needed. All the cinematics, elaborate action sequences and a slick co-op mode, just can't compensate for the lack of mystery, survival-horror elements and characterization (in Dead Space 3, characters just weren't memorable).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP