- Nintendo Responds to E3 Criticizing Feedback
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Zombies to be Revealed at SDCC
- Preorder Fallout 4 on the Xbox Store, Get Fallout 3 Free
- Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty to Racketeering and Gun Running
- Steam Hardware Preorders Already Sold Out
- Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Leaked
- Mornin '15
- PlayStation Plus Lineup for July Announced
- Star Citizen's Most Expensive Ship to Date Announced
- Sources Claim that Warner Bros. Knew of Arkham Knight's PC Problems for Months
- Expansion for Cities: Skylines Will be Revealed at Gamescom
- Australia Has Banned More Games in the Last 4 Months than Last 10 Years
- FEATURE: Top E3 2015 Games by ActionTrip Reckoning
Dead Space 3 wasn't met by a favorable response from either the critics or fans. In addition, the third installment in the horror themed 3rd-person shooter series simply didn't sell as good as the publisher predicted.
Although pre-production of Dead Space 4 was underway over at Visceral Montreal, it seems that the project has come down to a halt. The scoop comes from VG.
It appears that EA execs visited "Visceral Montreal to inform staff that the project had been terminated and announce details of the company's restructuring."
No surprises there. Choosing to focus the series on action wasn't the right choice in my opinion and clearly many gamers agree that going for the more generic route isn't wasn't what the series needed. All the cinematics, elaborate action sequences and a slick co-op mode, just can't compensate for the lack of mystery, survival-horror elements and characterization (in Dead Space 3, characters just weren't memorable).
|COMMENTS PAGE 1|
BACK TO TOP